Vipon

Chimp
Jul 22, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I agree with him, try working in a bike shop

." I want the lightest most expensive bike I can find"
Me: Why do you want that?
" Cause My buddy has one"
"Me: What kind of riding you want to do?
"I don't know"
Me: what style of riding does your buddy do?
"I don't know but he said he spent $7 grand on his bike
Me: will that be cash or charge?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sounds like he needs to some peanut butter to go with all that jelly. Just cause he isn't among the elite ranks of us KOM holders doesn't mean Strava isn't a valuable tool. Granted I like it cause well, I'm an enginerd and it gives me fun data, not because of trying to set speed records and stuffs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

"I don't know"
I want a crabon fibre all mountain x-treme huxxors rig that I can ride on the local rail trails.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

"I don't know"
part of me wishes these toolboxes would go back to golf, but at the same time they are putting a lot of money into the bike industry

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sounds like he needs to some peanut butter to go with all that jelly. Just cause he isn't among the elite ranks of us KOM holders doesn't mean Strava isn't a valuable tool. Granted I like it cause well, I'm an enginerd and it gives me fun data, not because of trying to set speed records and stuffs.
i'm pissed. google my tracks is going to be deprecated at the end of the month, and i need a replacement. when i found this out i *almost* considered installing strava for like a second.

i just need something that uses GPS to map a route, speed, distance, etc. basic metrics like that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i'm pissed. google my tracks is going to be deprecated at the end of the month, and i need a replacement. when i found this out i *almost* considered installing strava for like a second.

i just need something that uses GPS to map a route, speed, distance, etc. basic metrics like that.
So you want Strava... You can choose to ignore all the KOM baggage that other people choose to carry.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Makes me glad I don't road bike.

I just go drink in the woods and some days I bring my bike. Most people I see are doing some variation of chillin in the woods. Although, things are a bit more dentisty when I go to popular trails.

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Strava tracks show up on their "heat map" whether or not you publicly share the info. So illegal trails show up, which can be a problem- especially now that land managers are onto this fact.

I have been using one called GPS kit that has all the basic info, overlays on google maps and isn't a social media thing. I think it was like $10, and it's worked well for me. I don't use it all the time, but occasionally it is fun.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It reminds people who suck at riding that they suck at riding. That and some people take it way too seriously.
This. It's all about fragile egos.

I use Strava pretty routinely. It's a nice tool for logging miles, and seeing my own personal improvement. Sometimes I find it motivating, like when my brother is out running every other day and I'm slumming it out on the couch for a week, or MMikes been out riding and I haven't. I use it for both runs and biking. I've even used it a couple times to find new trail, or routes, for both running and riding. I'm not fast or particularity all that talented at either sport, and that's okay. It really has no bearing on how I feel about a ride, or a run, it doesn't hurt my feelers when some douche I've never met has a 50% faster time on some segment I've been on. It doesn't effect my life. A KOM doesn't solve world hunger, or cure AIDS. Who gives a fuck, really? If Strava is keeping you up at night, and is causing you that much stress, see a fucking shrink and get your priorities in order. Jesus.......

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This. It's all about fragile egos.

I use Strava pretty routinely. It's a nice tool for logging miles, and seeing my own personal improvement. Sometimes I find it motivating, like when my brother is out running every other day and I'm slumming it out on the couch for a week, or MMikes been out riding and I haven't. I use it for both runs and biking. I've even used it a couple times to find new trail, or routes, for both running and riding. I'm not fast or particularity all that talented at either sport, and that's okay. It really has no bearing on how I feel about a ride, or a run, it doesn't hurt my feelers when some douche I've never met has a 50% faster time on some segment I've been on. It doesn't effect my life. A KOM doesn't solve world hunger, or cure AIDS. Who gives a fuck, really? If Strava is keeping you up at night, and is causing you that much stress, see a fucking shrink and get your priorities in order. Jesus.......

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/03/who-is-thorfinn-sassquatch-the-mysterious-case-of-a-los-angeles-strava-legend/

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head

runtastic its pretty cool it shows you ascending and descending info, weather, max speed, average speed, map etc the free version is good

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Fan of my Garmin watch.