Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
If you gots pictures, post them here :)

These be the Photos by my Girlfriend, Jen:

A bunch of People up at the top

Myself and Skiba up at the top

Somone on the Ski Lift

OOh.... Pretty

Me on the Ski Lift (She made me post this one)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Pictures by Me that suck because i was tired and hot

This one is my favorite Awards Picture. The guy on the first place podium is supposed to be Dan

More Awards

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
[/QUOTE]

is the guy on the right in the red balck and white jersey garrit from morewood cycles.

also werd to dan for the good finish.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, folks, Thats it of the race, I hope some people have some better photos to post. I was pretty sad I couldnt take any action photos :( oh well, I guess riding was better. :)

And here, I leave you with some random crap Jen found while hiking during our practice runs

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Team XXL had a strong showing yesterday at Massanutten with 6 podium spots, three of those being first place finishes :thumb:

Dan successfully defended his hardtail class title from last year. Also, congrats to Will for his third place spot in hardtail class.

Steve getting the win in sport master class... Taeo also had a strong finish with a third place spot on the podium.

Brian had a smokin' fast time to win the expert senior class. He would have placed within the top ten in the pro/semi-pro class. Dan was back on the podium with a second place finish here. Dan had to leave immediately after the race to go to work so Dan's head stood in for him on the podium :D. I believe that's Matt D in the third place spot(??) :thumb:

Corey and Zach getting 2nd and 3rd in sport senior class.

The ladies on the podium...

Pro/semi-pro podium...

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Shots look great!

sorry I missed you folks, I've been packing for my move to snowshoe, I move today, start work tomorrow!

looking forward to seeing/meeting up with some of you monkies this summer!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
biggins said:
is the guy on the right in the red balck and white jersey garrit from morewood cycles.

also werd to dan for the good finish.
yeah that was him, i recall the announcer had a hard time with his last name

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
corey_dcstreet said:
yeah that was him, i recall the announcer had a hard time with his last name
yeah south africans have to deal with that all the time.

he is a local boy here in a'vegas.super nice guy but man he likes the expensive whiskey.

congrats on your placing corey.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
that looks awsome wish i could of been there... soccer games but o well looks sweet sure u guys had a great time see u at the other races!

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
fun course, good weather, good race :)
some sandbagging going on in the sport class, but oh well, thats racing :rolleyes:

-MV

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Mattoid said:
im on the lookout for #103 in sport-senior.
Matt, if that is your name, I raced against you. I was #111. Had a great time and trashed my back wheel by racing on a flat from the first rock garden. oh well, how'd ya do?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Yeah sport did have a few sandbaggers COUGH COUGH. Cheap aholes that dont wanna pay 60 for a norba license but oh well. It was fun even though my run didnt turn out how i wanted.

Oh any pics of #100 are appreciated.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
MikeT said:
fun course, good weather, good race :)
some sandbagging going on in the sport class, but oh well, thats racing :rolleyes:

-MV
i guess i'm one of the guilty parties... i shoulda raced expert, but how the hell did i know, it was my first race! :confused: movin' on up a class next time!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Mike, you seem like you rip. I was suprised your raced Sport. I thought being a semi-pro XC racer you would have gone Expert. It sucks to not have a clean run to be able to judge yourself. But anyway you should come over the Windrock sometime soon. BTW, it was my first Massanutten race and I had a blast. The course was really fun and the middle woods section was nice and techy with all the turns.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
profro said:
Mike, you seem like you rip. I was suprised your raced Sport. I thought being a semi-pro XC racer you would have gone Expert. It sucks to not have a clean run to be able to judge yourself. But anyway you should come over the Windrock sometime soon. BTW, it was my first Massanutten race and I had a blast. The course was really fun and the middle woods section was nice and techy with all the turns.
yeah, I was pretty nervous coming into the race, so I did sport, and regret it. I really should have been in Expert. oh, well, maybe next time. As for Windrock, I'm thinking about it constantly and am getting ready to buy a truck. So, maybe next month or so...

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
profro said:
Well it must have been fate to get the flat and not sandbagger steal some sport's medal. :)
haha that's funny. probly right. yeah, I loved the middle section, with the fast loamy turns and those freakin TIGHT soft turns. Those little rock garden turn were good too.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
corey_dcstreet said:
okay, nevermind... THIS is my favorite shot:

:blah:
Ha, yeah, that was me.
It looks way worse today.
Pretty much looks like a purple softball on my leg.
I did it on Friday, and then did 7 more runs on Saturday before the race. :dead:
If I did not keep moving it got too stiff to walk.
I feel like I was in a car wreck today. It tweaked my back as well.
But it was totally worth it. That race was a blast!!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i can relate...only i did it to my hand

drifted to the right at the entrance of the first rock garden at the top, clipped a tree, broke my right hand AGAIN, but i finished the race. going to ortho this week to find out when surgery is, i think they are going to have to screw the bone again.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
ridetoofast said:
i can relate...only i did it to my hand

drifted to the right at the entrance of the first rock garden at the top, clipped a tree, broke my right hand AGAIN, but i finished the race. going to ortho this week to find out when surgery is, i think they are going to have to screw the bone again.
Damn dude sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out all right. Hope your not out for the summer.

Dennis

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
okay, nevermind... THIS is my favorite shot:
:blah:
i sure hope that at least someone got a shot of my fantastic pre-finish line crash (#102 sport seniors). i shouldn't have pushed it so hard since there was no way i would have placed having dropped my chain at the beginning of the first rock garden.

i'm out 7-10 days in a sling with a shoulder separation, but will hopefully be better for the US open.

mad props to all my team xxl brethern who podiumed (dan - 2x, brian, corey, zach, & stiff)

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
denjen said:
Damn dude sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out all right. Hope your not out for the summer.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis. I had it xrayed Sun morning, 5th metacarpal is broken again, about an 1/8" gap...I'm sure it'll take surgery to fix...I'll know more in a few days.