Quantcast

The Mid-Week Ride the Shed Thread

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Just trying to get some mid week stuff together since my weekends are mostly spoken for.

As for this week, I'm down for any time, any day but monday if you guys want to shuttle. I want to get warmed up on blue for a bit cause I just got a new bike and the shocks arent dialed yet. Do I have 2 co-conspirators in the gallery???

Also, post here in the future for last minute spur of the moment work/school skippage.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
some of us have been doing tuesday shuttles up there (this past weekend was no good because of weather). 2 weeks ago, we had 9 guys on a tuesday night :shocked:

find us only on the steep side though.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
yeah, I still haven't ridden everything on that side due to bikesplosion issues last time I was up there. I'm feeling good on the new ride so far, but nothing I've hit with it yet can compare to the steeps out there so I'm trying to work my way up.

witnessed a riding concussion this weekend and i'd rather avoid that fate.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
yeah, I still haven't ridden everything on that side due to bikesplosion issues last time I was up there. I'm feeling good on the new ride so far, but nothing I've hit with it yet can compare to the steeps out there so I'm trying to work my way up.

witnessed a riding concussion this weekend and i'd rather avoid that fate.

how is that going? everything OK?

I felt really bad! Everything was going great till that point!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Yeah, scared the crap outta me but she seemed ok this morning except for the lingering headache. About the first thing she remembers after the crash is getting directions back to the car from you guys up on the road, so I'd say there were 15 missing minutes in there, maybe more. She was in rough shape on the ride home, but by dinnertime she was herself again.

Anyway she says thanks for the fun ride up till the crash. She was already talking about going back and conquering the roller coaster by the time we were leaving Pittsburgh.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yeah, scared the crap outta me but she seemed ok this morning except for the lingering headache. About the first thing she remembers after the crash is getting directions back to the car from you guys up on the road, so I'd say there were 15 missing minutes in there, maybe more. She was in rough shape on the ride home, but by dinnertime she was herself again.

Anyway she says thanks for the fun ride up till the crash. She was already talking about going back and conquering the roller coaster by the time we were leaving Pittsburgh.
Wow! I was pretty shaken myself. I have had my bell rung from time to time, but I cringe when I see other people hurting! She was doing great. I watched her on the first "2 rollers" and she was hitting a perfect line! Specially the one with the sticky mud puddle! She was really riding strong as well! I am happy she is doing well, but I was scared there for a bit!

It was great to meet you folks N@ ! Any time you are up this way, give me a call! Next time we will grab some beers! Tell Emily I hope she is feeling well, and I am glad to hear she is looking forward to getting back on the bike!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
a crew will be out there tomorrow night around 5:30ish (at least 5 of us), but we have limited space on shuttling unless someone else shows up with more rack/trunk space.

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
I'm off thurs.... kinda last minute but I really want to ride my DH bike! Anyone up for , or already gonna shuttle? Please!? I'll check back when I wake up.

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
I'm open........ takes a good hour and a half to get there. I'd like to be on the road there by 2-3 to avoid traffic

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
I can only fit two bikes and people ..... not enough to shuttle but I got some $ on gas for whoever does!!!

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
:thumb: I went last sun.... good times. Can't go this week going to diablo this weekend; should be awesome!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Ok, do I have anyone for tomorrow? I have to go out to fredneck to pick up a window for my truck that some crackhead punched in. tried to steal my hardtail but couldn't get it out the door apparently. anyway, if one of yall is interested in riding tomorrow afternoon, I'll throw the dh bike in the car. I have a lunch thing in the city, and then i'll go get the parts and drive to the shed. could start anywhere from 2:30-5:30.

Lemme know.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
the tuesday night crew will be out again tomorrow night (06/05/07). we already have at least 4 committed with room for a few others. hit me up if you want to join in. i will be out all day tomorrow and won't have internet access so you'll have to call me or just show up and hope there is room. we'll try to get shuttles started at 5pm and lap it out until dark.

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
Too bad you guy couldnt ride yesterday-the conditions were perfect. Weds weather looks better than todays though. Hope your ride goes well.
I usually do most of my riding during the week as well, but Im only good for the dh stuff so I stick to mostly short runs (slacks, white rock) I would ride more of torry to the blue loops more often but working 10hrs a day standing usually leaves my legs feeling like jelly enough ha ha. I wouldnt mind shuttling a little too as well. I have room to haul 4 bikes total. I could be out there at the Shed by 5pm anyday (with some notice-and depends on my schedule), how long would you guys want to stay out riding? around 8pm? maybe we can start arranging some stuff soon. Are there any downhill riders near the Waynesboro area besides myself?

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Even with all the rain on Sunday, the trails were mostly dried out. Great day of shuttling. It ended up only being 4 of us, but we were able to get in some early sessions and then lapped it out until dark.

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
What runs do you guys make/how many times? Im sure you guys are aware of the tree down on white rock gap that needs some love from a chainsaw...Im thinking of getting rid of it myself when I can talk myself into not riding when I head that direction lol....