Quantcast

the new frame has arrived!

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
my transition trail or park came in today... i didnt have time to get a new seat post, so here is about 95% of the final product.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
you sure you're not wanting chain tensioners in there. your wheel will move without them...

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
the only chain tentioners i have right now are 14 mm bmx ones that dont fit. do they make 10 mm ones?

ps. what do you think i could get for a 2004 p.1 frame with standard wear

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
dirtjumpP.1 said:
the only chain tentioners i have right now are 14 mm bmx ones that dont fit. do they make 10 mm ones?

ps. what do you think i could get for a 2004 p.1 frame with standard wear
Surly makes a chain tensioner that will fit a 10mm axle. Nice bike, I really like the looks of it. Looks quite a bit better than the first runs of T.O.Ps.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Sweet. That looks nice. I just bought some Juicy 5's for my P.1 and they look awesome. You should get some for you new whip. They are all black and look soo sweet.

I like the white and green.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Any shop with some BMX stuff will have 10mm axle chain tensioners.

You can run the 14mm tensioners, they work fine.

Sick bike dude!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Avy Rider said:
Why have mountain bikes become this? Why not just ride a BMX?
why not discuss that in different thread and keep it outta this one.

fatty bike by the way. what do those frames cost?

i had my P1 and my soul titan set up for bar spins it was cool.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Avy Rider said:
Why have mountain bikes become this? Why not just ride a BMX?
Mainly because some tall people have problems riding small bikes like that, like myself.

Did I tell you I love that green and white. Nice choice.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
biggins said:
why not discuss that in different thread and keep it outta this one.

fatty bike by the way. what do those frames cost?

i had my P1 and my soul titan set up for bar spins it was cool.
$440 for the frame

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Looks good! I think a Pike would be prime on there. I'm drooling thinking about it right now.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Bicyclist said:
Looks good! I think a Pike would be prime on there. I'm drooling thinking about it right now.
i know, i want a new fork, but this one will be fine for a while. im a bit strapped for cash right now

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
arboc! said:
i know, i want a new fork, but this one will be fine for a while. im a bit strapped for cash right now
Dude, tell me about it. My life savings of 3k has turned into a whopping 20 bucks. :ouch:

Oh well.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
i'm a little late to the game here, but i just thought i'd mention that chain tensioners are more luxury (pain in the neck) than neccesity. Luxury, because they allow you to dial in chain tension nicely; pain in the neck because the setscrews have a habit of going to ****s; neccesity hardly, because your axle should not move if properly tightened. If your wheel is shifting i suggest a washer on each side to help in torqueing up the nuts and everything should be peachy.

Hailight

Chimp
Mar 5, 2006
@arboc!

wth is this in the dh forum?? That's for picking on the Canadians and Europeans all the time :rofl: :mumble:

nice bike though