Quantcast

The Offical Mokeyfest planning Thread...

This is where ozzer, Zerk, mtnbrider, and anyone else can discuss plans/make plans for monkeybuttfest west. This way there is no more E-hijacking going on in mastercyclemans seemingly unimportant threads:busted: Please discuss Monkey fest, as well as anything pertaining to monkeyfest. Everyone can also discuss who they will be hoeing rides from. Thankyou!

***Admin please sticky***:biggrin:

Niq1

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
So who loves pain? Anyone?
If so, I'd like to get together a Sunday (8/22) am ride down the back side of Cold Springs (AKA Forbush) to Gibralter to Red Rock. It's a bit of a long shuttle, but it's a sweet trail- at least it used to be. Has anyone ridden it recently?
If that route is in sad shape, there's always the Buckhorn Epic. Any local knowledge on the status there?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You guys rock!

As we get closer we can figure something out. I can help with gas and beer and such.

Zark, I think we should keep this thread so people can plan rides and such. The actual event planning we'll leave to you and Chico.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Hey I just thought of something... Do we all want to pitch in and get a keg? Can we all agree on a beer? :cheers:

Just something to mull over.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Hey I just thought of something... Do we all want to pitch in and get a keg? Can we all agree on a beer? :cheers:

Just something to mull over.
WAY ahead of you broham.

And I don't think we need another thread, because thats what the other one is for.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Just reminded me of something...
Last time we had a large get together at Big Bear, at Howie's pad, we ended up watching a cat fight on main street overlooking from the bar terrace. Good times.
ahahahahaha, That was classic. But it started when some dude was talking all kinds of smack to these 2 other guys. He was pulling it off because he had 4~5 friends behind him. Those guys just kinda wandered off with out him knowing it and he kept running his mouth. Then those other guys kicked the crap out of him. Had a great vantage point up on the terrace to see it all go down.
Bouncers got them on the ground and some chick jumps in. Then the rest of the chicks jumped in and it got real good real quick.

BTW, that was the first Monkey fest.
Speaking of that weekend, what ever happened to OCDH? Anyone see her around anymore?