Quantcast

the perfect circle

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
After listen to alot of tool i dedided to pick up a perfect circle album (mer de noms) this album is the ****, totally awesome, can compare to lateralus with some old school instrument like the violin, any one know what up with this side band and when they will have a new album out?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I'm a long time tool listener and I couldn't get into perfect circle. I know the band was bashed for the cover of Imagine now playing on the radio...

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i was told not to buy 13 steps, but i think mer de noms is pretty good. Keenan is a good lead singer, and a crazy **** at that...

i want to go to one of their concerts, but i find getting tickets hard

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'd like to see either P.C. or Tool in concert but i doubt i ever will, i hate large shows. But what's the deal with P.C. i thought they had a beautiful bodied girl in the band? Where'd she disappear too? And i see James Iha is in the band was that the dude from Pumpkins?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Skookum said:
i'd like to see either P.C. or Tool in concert but i doubt i ever will, i hate large shows. But what's the deal with P.C. i thought they had a beautiful bodied girl in the band? Where'd she disappear too? And i see James Iha is in the band was that the dude from Pumpkins?
yes, there is a hot girl in the band...

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Skookum said:
even if you hate large shows, goooooooooo. they are both AMAZING live, i've seen APC twice and Tool three times. soo good. i enjoy everything both bands do, but 13th step is amazing, its such a well constructed album so if people like Mer de Noms, they should definitely enjoy 13th step.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
TOOL was my first experience in a pit, I was 15. The only material they had then was from Opiate but that was plenty for me!

I had the sheer luck to have a friend who somehow (through a freind who was a music industry insider I think) get me a copy of Mer De Noms about 3-4 months before it was publicly available. APC was also touring at that time and hardly anybody knew who they were. I went to three shows and there was not more than 200 people at any one of them. I saw them at Cactus Club in San Jose, CA Slims in SF, CA and I think the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. I haven't seen them since because I hate big show also. Kick ass band! I think the girl is out but yes Iha is in...

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Perfect circle rocks. The new album with all the cover songs is amazing.

You guys should check out www.temporaryresidence.com

Anything from them is great. I own pretty much every album they ever released.

I Love Maynard James Keenan's outlook on life. He's all for peace and love but at the same time, he understands that there will be violence and problems that go along with it. I loved Mer de Noms, but 13th step was just as good in my opinion.

"Swaying to the rythym of the new world order"