Quantcast

The Scare of my life

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Driving home on Halloween I got the scare of my life. It’s a long story but I think it’s worth the time and mental strain to read. :drool:

At 6:45 (totally dark outside) I was driving home from Perisma (a trail in Halfmoon Bay) on 92 and I noticed a car's headlights behind mine. Looked like he wanted to get going and it was a single-lane road so I stepped up the speed a little, going a good 5-10 mph over the speed limit and taking turns a little faster than I was comfortable with. I don’t know why I sped up, I should have let the guy suffer. This goes on for about 10 minutes and then out of the corner of my rearview mirror I see red lights flashing. I'm going around a turn and can't see the car. Now on a straight away, I can clearly see the red and blue lights of the cruiser behind me. AHH nooo! :mumble: I wasn't going that fast? I kill the music, slow down and start looking for a place to pull over.

Finding a turnout takes about a good 2-3 minutes and I'm stressed out as hell. I'm 16, have had my liscense for 4 months now and might already get a ticket for who knows what. 5-10 mph over the limit isn't ticketable is it?

I start to ponder about what I'm going to do. How I'm going to tell my parents? Is the car registration in the car? And oh crap, there is a bottle of wine in the back left over from a party my parents went to the night before :eek: (the car is my parents and they let me use it to meet up with a buddy do ride some DH, and while loading my gear up I noticed the wine). The cop can't search the car without probable cause...can he??......no...riiiight?.....

Up ahead I see a gravel turn out. Turning in I hear the gravel grinding and crunching under the tires and then it dawns on me. I might not be able to drive any more! If not legally, definitely from my over protective parents. I come to a complete stop and look behind me.

The cruiser accelerates and speeds down 92 to go after a real criminal. :D :thumb: :p :rolleyes: ........HAHAHAHAHA!!! Ehehehe!!...heh... Gotta call someone to relieve my stress as I'm still not convinced. I call up Ryan, who I rode with that day, on the cellular and his dad says he's in the shower. How could be bath at a time like this?! So I decide to call my parents and at least share the story with them. My dad picks up and I give him a quick rundown of the above. He chuckles and starts getting mad about how I'm late. What? I didn't know I had a deadline to meet an hour ago at 5:30? It's Halloween? What? Watch out for kids driving home? Ok.

I pull out of the turnout and start heading home at 5-10 mph over the speed limit, after all, I don’t want to be that late. :dancing:

-J

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
That's kinda wierd i gotta ticket in Half-Moon Bay years back. Beautiful country round there, used to know people in La Honda. I'd love to ride some singletrack thru the forests around them parts someday.
hmmm memories... maybe more like flashbacks....
but i remember an old pal of mine driving my car on Old La Honda road, we were driving back from San Jose. We were skirting the outside of a blind corner with the hillside to the left and drop to death into a ravine to our right. Big ole dump truck comes barreling around and my pal swerves outside to avoid a head on, i look out the passenger window and see the edge of doom, the tires are hugging the gravel on the very edge. i forgot all about almost dying that day until i read your post.... haha, i've been lucky.

Skookum said:
That's kinda wierd i gotta ticket in Half-Moon Bay years back. Beautiful country round there, used to know people in La Honda. I'd love to ride some singletrack thru the forests around them parts someday.
hmmm memories... maybe more like flashbacks....
but i remember an old pal of mine driving my car on Old La Honda road, we were driving back from San Jose. We were skirting the outside of a blind corner with the hillside to the left and drop to death into a ravine to our right. Big ole dump truck comes barreling around and my pal swerves outside to avoid a head on, i look out the passenger window and see the edge of doom, the tires are hugging the gravel on the very edge. i forgot all about almost dying that day until i read your post.... haha, i've been lucky.
Always stealing the limelight...

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
NineFingers said:
Always stealing the limelight...
aannd to take it back, a little add on. ;)

(sorry if some of you are also on msdhw, I also posted it there and I'm copying and pasting the story)

Once I got home my ma asked me to go and pick up some more halloween candy at the Albertsons, as we were running low. Well Taco Bell is waiting at home so I take the short drive a little on the fast side, considering that there are kids all around. On the way home I come to a threeway interesection and of course on the other side there are two police men chilln' on their motorcycles!! Ahhh, now someone has to be messing with my head! I take my left turn and the next two blocks home veerry slow. Enough driving for today.
:o:
-J

Sirbikesalot33 said:
aannd to take it back, a little add on. ;)

(sorry if some of you are also on msdhw, I also posted it there and I'm copying and pasting the story)

Once I got home my ma asked me to go and pick up some more halloween candy at the Albertsons, as we were running low. Well Taco Bell is waiting at home so I take the short drive a little on the fast side, considering that there are kids all around. On the way home I come to a threeway interesection and of course on the other side there are two police men chilln' on their motorcycles!! Ahhh, now someone has to be messing with my head! I take my left turn and the next two blocks home veerry slow. Enough driving for today.
:o:
-J
Are we driving while stoned by any chance??? This sounds like a bad case of the bud paranoid syndrome... :D

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
NineFingers said:
Are we driving while stoned by any chance??? This sounds like a bad case of the bud paranoid syndrome... :D
Noo way. I can honestly say I've never been stoned or drunk. I'm proud of it too. I aint no mama's boy neither, ya hear!

-J