The shape of things to come...

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
SHOW US YOUR CAR.

ps. Nice Bike!
Ha Ha...Do you know me????

Hey all, I'm still waiting for the pedals but I did manage to put some old ones on and take it for a spin.
Nothing like the feel of a finely tuned machine!

For all those who asked, here's how the seat clamp works:

GM

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Almost forgot these pics:

Custom chrome seat rail and nose cap, cream leather and suede.

I still need to make some bar ends...

I really enjoy sharing these pics with you guys. I'm glad you all like it!

Take care,
GM

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Hey Muddy,
There's plenty of synthetic grease in there.

PS: I love your new bike! Can't go wrong with a classic black / white / red color combo. Nice photo too!

GM

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
a phenom!

few things:
barends?
what cranks are those?
personal opinion, the stickers need to go on the hoops.

you've done a heckuva job - mucho props!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Hey Muddy,
There's plenty of synthetic grease in there.

PS: I love your new bike! Can't go wrong with a classic black / white / red color combo. Nice photo too!

GM
Thanks man, I dig it too...but I think its fair to say I didnt put nearly as much thought into my ride, as you did into your sweet rig.

And good, just making sure you werent going to make all that metal sieze up in that beauty.

P.S. The thing looks just as sweet as a complete!

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Hey Tiles,
I'm going to make some shallow domed bar ends. Polished of course. I'll thread the bars like the Fly ones (I think).

The cranks are Eastern Pros. I wanted to see how the more squarish shape looked over the Profiles (which I also have).

Believe it or not, I was pondering putting the decals on the rims and not the frame. I will be building a set of I-9s w/ silver spokes for this and was thinking of spraying the rims in Vanilla too. We'll see.

For now though, it's time to ride!

GM

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
That thing is truly amazing, well done. I can't wait to see some ride shots. Whats the geometry like on that thing?

Congrats on the most beautiful, cleanest bike I've ever seen.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
tree makes the threaded bars/bar ends I think. In any case, that shiz is da bomb!

oh yeah, what's the clearance of the fork crown and the down tube? you also need to machine out some valve caps, that'd be pimp...

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
do you plan on riding this beauty, or is it just for show?
i couldn't fathom putting the first scratch on it...
If I just hung this on my wall, you guys would kick my ass!
The first scratch is the most painfull, but they get easier after that.

Tiles, there's .6250" clearance between the DT and fork crown.
I'll think about the valve stem caps...don't want to go overboard Ha Ha!

Geo is:
HTA 73 @ 430mm A/C height
STA 70*not centered on BB
ETT: 23.200"
CS 14.5
BB -.500

GM

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I'll think about the valve stem caps...don't want to go overboard Ha Ha!
Hey now, dont hate.

The final touches on my bike involved me purchasing some chrome dice valvue caps and taking a red sharpy to the dots.

Now my bike is complete, and sick. :-)

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
I wasn't hatin on you Muddy, I was referring to myself...I was already daydreaming about a bullet shaped cap.

GM

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Greg,
Just caught up with this thread. My jaw dropped more than a few times! Very impressive work... Id be happy to one day build a bike half as nice.

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Took a test ride this afternoon. Nothing crazy, just small stuff to make sure nothing comes loose or falls off...besides the jump I wanted to hit had standing water from the earlier rains.

I gotta say these Twenty6 Products pedals are badass! Truly works of art and with titanium spindles, light as hell. They really complete the bike.
My pictures don't do them (or the bike) justice

Finally here's some shots of the complete bike:

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Boxxer wrote:
Greg,
Just caught up with this thread. My jaw dropped more than a few times! Very impressive work... Id be happy to one day build a bike half as nice.
Thanks Boxxer. I've always been impressed with the attention to details in your builds as well. I'm looking forward to your next creation!

GM

bringdoom

Chimp
Nov 14, 2007
wow.... I registered to this site just so I could comment on how beautiful your bike is. Its pure genius. things like the cable routing, seat clamp, calipar mount and the flush axels are astonashing. Im seriously suprised you dont see high end bikes with these options. Do you by chance have a weight for the total bike? I would be interested to see. The thing could weight 50lbs and I would still ride it.

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
Am i the only one that doesnt like this bike? I mean it has some cool features like how everything is all smooth but there is just way to much white.

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Thanks Bringdoom, I'm flattered.
I did happen to weight the bike today: 29.0lbs. I'm pleased with that.

Note to all: my photography skills are inversely proportional to my fabrication skills. The bike is actually a creamy...'cool vanilla'. Just look at any new Chrysler on the road. See how good the red tail lights look against that color? Mmmmm.

I plan on having my friend shoot some real pics asap before it gets too dirty.

GM

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
i am a function over form person and this bike appears to be a great combination of the two. the flush mount axel / dropout combos are great i would like them on all of my bikes. the tucked away caliper and internal routing of the hose are also as functional as they are beautiful.

one question though, can you show us a better detailed view of the front dropouts? if i recall correctly, the original mounting technique involved not much more than what looked like a fender washer...

btw, your furniture designs are very very impressive as well.

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Thanks Everybody! I'm really stoked you all like it.

A note on the color:
Since I was inspired by my Tonic Fall Guy (evident in the seat stay design) and Landon, I chose a color that I could see Tonic using on one of their frames...

Chuffer, fender washers have their place but NOT on this bike!
(I'm glad you dig my other projects too. Thanks!)

Here's some shots of the front axle & DOs.

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
I'd like to share some pics of the first flight of my bike at the skatepark.

While this bike definately stops traffic, I couldn't imagine not enjoying the precision with which it performs.

Here's a better representation of the color:
And the grips are impossible to keep clean...

GM