Quantcast

the transformation of BS

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
first off, are you a baseball fan?

it's a quote from bill simmons (the ESPN sports guy columnist), talking about the travesty of hollywood aspirations and film-making colliding w/ red sox nation. that, and all the recent converts.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
when did burlysurly turn into burlyshirley? how did i miss this?

how's the new mangina?

I didnt know the name Surly was a bike Co. when I first signed on here in 2002 and there's like a ton of other people on here called Surly this or Surly that so since people call me shirley anyway, I just changed it. Now Im not a brand whore for a brand I dont care for. I do own a 1x1 now, and its ok, but nothing to name myself after.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
narlus said:
No, but I did watch the ALCS and World Series. And I definitely saw Jimmy Fallon celebrating on the field after the Sox won. So now that my memory has been jogged, I understand. According to Mr. Simmons, it has become trendy to be a Sox fan, and he feels that celebrities are just jumping on the Sox bandwagon cuz it's the cool thing to do. Right?

However, something about me wants to say that Jimmy Fallon is a native Masshole, and that would kinda defeat the whole bandwagon argument. Not positive about that though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:

it's a quote from bill simmons (the ESPN sports guy columnist), talking about the travesty of hollywood aspirations and film-making colliding w/ red sox nation. that, and all the recent converts.
I personally have no problem with that. It's a Farrelly Brothers movie, they are huge Sox fans, and they wanted to include the scene in the new movie they are shooting. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i think it sucks. filming a movie (of which they re-wrote because of the way the sox post-season turned out) during the WS celebration on the field, w/ hack-tors like drew and jimmy fallon left a foul taste in my mouth. i haven't seen a farrelly bros movie since _kingpin_ and that is unlikely to change any time soon.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
i hope that _the big lebowski_ and _the holy grail_ are 2 of the other 6.
I dont find Monty Python even remotely humorous. The big lebowski was pretty good but prolly not in the top 7.

In no particular order

Cable Guy
UHF
Dumb and Dumber
Billy Madison
Kingpin
Wayne's World
SouthPark

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Aaaaaahhhhh Shirley you made my day. Bwahahahahahahahahaha........Shirley.........I remember the days when you threatened to hammer nails into people heads for calling you Shirley. I thnk Narlus is right, you have mellowed. Must be because you left the war machine. Bwahahahahahaha...good stuff

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
Mellowed, maybe. Self confident, yes. Interesting.

J
Dude, Ive always been mellow. You guys just gotta learn how to get my jokes. I think I am the same, you guys just got numb to my sarcasm and started laughing at it instead of hating me.

That or I just gave up caring...

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
BurlyShirley said:
Dude, Ive always been mellow. You guys just gotta learn how to get my jokes. I think I am the same, you guys just got numb to my sarcasm and started laughing at it instead of hating me.

That or I just gave up caring...
Nice try fondler. You were pissed and we know it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ridemonkey said:
Nice try fondler. You were pissed and we know it.
No no. I WAS pissed about the Shirley, but I thought JBP was talking on a bigger level. My bust if incorrect.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
BarbaRosa said:
shirley.... I did not know you were a happy man.... I mean gay.
Really?

I didnt know you were allowed back on RM after all the stalking..

BurlyShirley said:
Really?

I didnt know you were allowed back on RM after all the stalking..

LOL

Hey I am not the one choking the chicken in public!

besides that stalking thing was not I ... some other monkey was using my avatar as a vehicle to obfusicate the line of what and what not to say in public forums.. I never left the state of Colorado that year.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
I didnt know the name Surly was a bike Co. when I first signed on here in 2002 and there's like a ton of other people on here called Surly this or Surly that so since people call me shirley anyway, I just changed it. Now Im not a brand whore for a brand I dont care for. I do own a 1x1 now, and its ok, but nothing to name myself after.
I think they actually call you Sally, maybe you don't hear them correctly.