Quantcast

the WEBBCO 22"

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
finally got to see it . . . . my bro vernon had been talking about his buddy Jason Webb from his hometown, Lubbock, Texas, handmade a couple of prototype frames for 22" wheels, then got Solid to make one a frame. this WEBBCO prototype is made by Solid BMX, fork custom fab'd by S&M, profile cranks and hubs, custom Veloctiy Rims, and tires ordered from FACTION.

weBBco with two b's. (not the vintage bmx brand Webco).

didn't get all the numbers, but i got em roughly 21"-ish tt, short cs (possibly 14.25"/14.5"?), HA 74.5, and bb is above axle level 20" style (possibly 12.75, but not measured). pictured with 7"-ish rise Hoffman Low Fat bars.

the bike rides extremely well.

http://webbcobmx.com/

Vernon Sexton. WCPT, Austin.

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
there are a lot of 20"s out there with steep head angles right now as well. like this Mutiny Loosefer, 75 degree HA:

sure, if it was my custom, i would have gone for a slacker HA. but i'm stoked this guy had the initiative to get this built.

Last edited:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
My Solid AA is a 75HA, I thought most frames are that steep or 74.5. I think the first pic is just a bad shot, the second pic looks good. Nice to see people making moves.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
There's definitely some lens distortion or something in that first pic.... The bike looks pretty sweet, if you ask me!