Quantcast

there is nothing fun about being lucky...

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
The soil I have to work with is this red clay, which is always turning into pea gravel and loosening up even after a good pack/water. Seems to have a limiting effect on hit size as well, although it's chill because I'm not building anything insane. I envy your perfect dirt sometimes hehe...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I envy your perfect dirt sometimes hehe...
Our dirt is FAR from perfect. If it was perfect, we would have a hell of a lot more than a simple 10 pack after two years of solid digging. The top layer is filled with thick roots and the next layer is filled with rocks. Add that to the fact that is forever dry in so cal and there is no way that this land should have dirt jumps on it. Not saying that your dirt is any better, but the stuff we got is sh!tty.

The quality and build-ability of the dirt is definitely one of the first things you should look at when picking a new spot. Unfortunately, we just don't have that many options in the desert that is southern california.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
word. our dirt really sucks, dedication keeps it together...
What are you talking about? We are so lucky! Our dirt is killer! In a few spots on some very special days you can push the shovel in the dirt and miss all the rock, roots, and grass. I think I've had at least 5 shovels full in a row once where I didn't have to break out the pick. Lucky doesn't even describe it!

(Actually I think I'm more lucky that there is a dedicated group of guys that care to work and maintain trails in numerous places just in case one goes "bye-bye")

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I am lucky that this lip got magically shaped to perfection. And that there is always paparazzi like RO and Tater around snapping snaps. And that flying bicycles is fun.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Thanks, yo. Jake (roamingoregon) got that one.

My 2,000th post... uh oh... does that officially mean that I am on the internet waaaay too much at work?

Last edited:

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
Solid work on the crop. I like it. Now I need to shoot it without need for cropping. I want a bunch of dust in the air from the take-off too, maybe a little more whipped, I dunno... nice crop. Give yourself another 2 feet too since I'm up above you based on the angle.

Boostification!