Quantcast

#!# Thew slay #!#

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I opted to sleep for 9 hours instead of working out. WFH day so I'm going to work out now, then head into the office I guess. I love you!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woke up feeling like I drank 4-6 beers last night, but didn't have any. Great...if this headache could please go away right now, that'd be appreciated.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Work today. Rehearsal tonight. Lovely snuggles from middle child after her ok to wake green light turned on at 6:45.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I ran 7 miles early this morning despite not wanting to. I am taking the "new" mountain bike to the shop for it's free one year tune up. I should have taken it in after three months but I never did. It's creaking and I can't quite figure out if it's in the bottom bracket or somewhere else.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
'Morning. I ran 7 miles early this morning despite not wanting to. I am taking the "new" mountain bike to the shop for it's free one year tune up. I should have taken it in after three months but I never did. It's creaking and I can't quite figure out if it's in the bottom bracket or somewhere else.
are you sure you're not creaking?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You do know that this time of the year you should *definitely* not start at Kenosha, right? Actually, this advice is prescient for ANY time of the year. :D
Disagree, as long as you can time it well. The final descent down to Kenosha is a mach chicken blast.

@Adventurous I know we rode over all the way to Breck, but did you ever do the lollipop where you climb the CT toward Georgia Pass and then descend the West Jefferson trail back down to the CT and Kenosha? That should be on anyone's CT ride list.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Disagree, as long as you can time it well. The final descent down to Kenosha is a mach chicken blast.
My advice is still valid - if you insist on doing the Kenosha section, do it as an out-n-back *from* Jefferson Creek.

The shitshow at Kenosha just isn't worth the effort for me.

Hell - the next time I do it I think I'm going to just do an out-n-back on Jefferson - I've heard it's a pretty decent way to climb up to GA Pass.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Short week, long weekend and hope my back cooperates. I will be disappoint if I can't do stuff this weekend.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My advice is still valid - if you insist on doing the Kenosha section, do it as an out-n-back *from* Jefferson Creek.

Hell - the next time I do it I think I'm going to just do an out-n-back on Jefferson - I've heard it's a pretty decent way to climb up to GA Pass.
I rode Kenosha, from Kenosha on a thursday about this time last year, wasn't bad. A mile in, pretty much had the place to myself.

Edit: Had to have been two years ago. Descent down Jefferson on the hard tail was........invigorating.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

How much is the fee to get up Jefferson Lake Rd though?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
How much is the fee to get up Jefferson Lake Rd though?
I don't think they collect a fee outside of summer. And if the fee is an issue (and still required), there's a big parking lot right at the fee station and you can bike in for nada.

I'll do almost anything to avoid Kenosha. Shit, I don't even like *driving* that pass during the color season. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Tired. Stayed up too late doing woodworking to fix damaged cabinet doors. Yay! For knowing how to do the work and not paying someone to do it. Boo! For knowing how to do the work and doing it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, sounds increasingly likely that I need shoulder surgery for a Labrum tear (last September)
. PT said “I can’t believe you are still so pleasant when you are obviously in deep, chronic pain”.

hmmn.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, sounds increasingly likely that I need shoulder surgery for a Labrum tear (last September)
. PT said “I can’t believe you are still so pleasant when you are obviously in deep, chronic pain”.

hmmn.
I should probably look into that for mine again. Still hurts and is weak; can't throw a ball either.