Quantcast

think that Miatas are girl cars?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'll try later in the morning, that page is taking forever to load.

I like Miata's.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Tenchiro said:
Jetta's are girl carls, Miata's are for 30 something gay dudes and male IT workers.
I know more than a few guys driving jettas that would blow the doors off of most people's cars.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Tenchiro said:
Around these parts the only Jetta drivers I see a Sorority girls.
Me, too. That and stupid guys driving older Jettas with exhaust pipes and rims that cost more than the car :rolleyes:

I don't think they're particularly girly, just see a lot of girls driving them. I do think Miatas are pretty feminine looking, though...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
binary visions said:
Me, too. That and stupid guys driving older Jettas with exhaust pipes and rims that cost more than the car :rolleyes:

I don't think they're particularly girly, just see a lot of girls driving them. I do think Miatas are pretty feminine looking, though...
Golf drivers are usually young guys with big exhausts and blacked out windows here.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I started watching it, and then played it again and watched his rearview instead of out the front! That guy was pretty bad A$$ he really layed down some serious moves, and really kicked up some dust on some of those "off tarmac" passes:thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
brungeman said:
I started watching it, and then played it again and watched his rearview instead of out the front! That guy was pretty bad A$$ he really layed down some serious moves, and really kicked up some dust on some of those "off tarmac" passes:thumb:
I'm thinking his skills/car(engine) did not belong in that division

kinda like if an expert entered a beginner race, but started last

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
douglas said:

maybe, I wonder what class that car would have been prepped for? don't they have tech inspections?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Nothing wrong with racing Miata's.....against other miatas. :D

Heck you can race big wheels for all I care, but masuline miata's are not (thought the new ones are trying harder)

They are a cute little car. Would I own one? No, but that is because it would be worthless for what I would ask it to do. Haul MX bikes, MTB's, dirt, tow, dive over a curb without scraping.....

Rhino

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Transcend said:
Known is some circles, as "the bitch bucket".
are you kidding me..

I own a beetle and the majority of beetle owners ive met are males usally under 35 who like a classic design as opposed to the cookie cutterness of japanesse automakers.

and chicks dig my ride.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Dirt rider said:
are you kidding me..

I'm gay and own a beetle and the majority beetle owners ive met are gay males usally under 35 who like a classic design as opposed to the cookie cutterness of japanesse automakers.

and ***** dig my ride.
There I clarified that for you.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
douglas said:

spec miata is a spec series, and all the cars should theoretically be equal if built up to the spec. www.specmiata.com

however, you got it: he's one of the faster guys in the field and he started at the very back of the pack after crashing his car during qualifying the day before. apparently the body shop worked on it straightening the frame rails until 3 am, and then the car wasn't finished and back together for another few hours yet.

why his car could pull on the cars you see in the first few minutes is the difference between a freshly built racing engine (to the very limited spec) and a clapped out stock engine with 150k on the clock. why he could pass people on very unorthodox lines is through creativity and pure balls. note his line coming back onto the main straight -- he often gets all 4 wheels into the dirt, and as he makes his way through the field you see the fast guys all use this line to maximize exit speed from the corner. around 14:00 or so you see this line come to haunt first the "meathead" with the camera, and then a few other competitors... :oink:

and Acadian, yes, there definitely was contact a few places :eek: . spec miata is dirty, and this was a national runoff event so the stakes were high.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yes, Miata's are chick cars. Don't forget VW Cabrio's either, that is as chick as it gets right there.

Not saying you can't have a fast chick car, but fast doesn't mean it's not a chick car.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Cool vid but I don't see the point of the post. The fastest, best handling chick car on the planet is still a chick car.

And that remains true even if the male driver is over-compensating because everyone is chuckling at the dude driving a chick car. :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dirt rider said:
OH I drive an old bug a 71 super beetle.
Super beetles are not "bugs" at all. A bug has a steel dash, no heat, shocks (not struts) and a flat windshield for reduced aerodynamics.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
OGRipper said:
Cool vid but I don't see the point of the post. The fastest, best handling chick car on the planet is still a chick car.
no, it shows that your collective criteria for defining what is a "chick car" are stupid. beetle w/flower vase? sure. cabrio with no power, handling, or just about anything going for it? sure. but the miata? it's just small.

is it a chick car because it's the opposite of a lifted F350? if the lifted truck owner suffers from "little man syndrome" shouldn't miata drivers be proverbial julius irvings?