Quantcast

Thinking of getting back into downhill... need help finding an older bike

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Welcome back. I think I may have sold you that Nucleon if it was red, as your name sounds familiar. The new pinion ones are the dogs bollox!

I second a used sunday. as was stated above, the older DHRs are definately not plow bikes. The other option, is to start talking to local shops to find the best deal possible, as they are booking now and are more likely to tack on another order at a reduced price to increase their order size. It's only a little extra work for a few hundred bucks profit, zero overhead, and increaes their order volume helping give them better standing with the distributor. This way, you could get on something like a brand new Glory 1 or 2 for 3 or so grand, and have something new with warranty. The 'lower end' build is still going to be on par or better than what you remember riding in 07.

Cheers
a

Last edited:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Yeah the DHR isn't a plow-bike but would still suit my needs...as well as a Sunday. I got the Nucleon from the US actually.

Either way, I've been out of riding DH so long that any bike at this point will make me smile. It's a shame, there are a lot of bikes out there that have the 1-1/8 heatube. You could really breathe new life into those bikes with an angleset.