Quantcast

Third Down - Sickest movie Eva :)

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
Still one of my all time fav's :)

DW started a thread about why all the hate. This movie reminds me of hanging out having a good time with your mates :)

Do any of the riders hang out on here ?

Last edited:

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Still one of my all time fav's :)

DW started a thread about why all the hate. This movie reminds me of hanging out having a good time with your mates :)

Do any of the riders hang out on here ?
Pretty sure that 'Krispy' from the Down series is one of the dudes from go-ride.com who posts on here. Yeah, I'm a creepy e-stalker, sue me.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Is Third where Bender murdered himself at Deer Valley National and the guy in the background is yelling what a moron he was for trying it...all the while with Bender napping on the concrete?

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Who-me?

So my 5yr old wants to watch it every day and i have to hide it sometimes, cuz i want to watch world cup DH! I can't stand watching it, i wish my part was better- i was kinda over it by then and fighting an injury that still bugs me. I still like my part in Down though, it was so new and fresh back then-shewt it was the sumer of 1999 and i was a nobody trying to shred it and not to get killed just because i wanted free stuff!

One time (when i was trying to be a pro racer but i was really just a semi pro hack on a 49lb bike with 24" 3.0's while Palmer was on a 2.3 semi slick) Stik and i were washing bikes at the bike wash in the pits. I was kinda trying to say hi but he wouldn't even look at me! But then again he probably had no idea who i was and he was just busy being a factory mechanic.

Krispy

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Is Third where Bender murdered himself at Deer Valley National and the guy in the background is yelling what a moron he was for trying it...all the while with Bender napping on the concrete?
That was Double Down brah. Bender wasn't "around" much after that.

Funny, he comes into the shop sometimes and rides XC just like me. Wierd eh? Xcept he still has a 60 plus lb Canfield Secret Weapon along with his One, and Nimble Nine.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I was actually talking to Leigh when Krispy walked by at a National not to long after that movie came out. I commented that he was the guy at wanted to be her seat. She just laughed.

At the US Open this year, we popped in Chain Reaction 2 and 3 in the DVD player. A bunch of the new guys had never seen them. The funny thing was the next day when Lars walked by and one of the guys was shocked that Lars "the movie star" was at the race.

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
Who-me?

So my 5yr old wants to watch it every day and i have to hide it sometimes, cuz i want to watch world cup DH! I can't stand watching it, i wish my part was better- i was kinda over it by then and fighting an injury that still bugs me. I still like my part in Down though, it was so new and fresh back then-shewt it was the sumer of 1999 and i was a nobody trying to shred it and not to get killed just because i wanted free stuff!

One time (when i was trying to be a pro racer but i was really just a semi pro hack on a 49lb bike with 24" 3.0's while Palmer was on a 2.3 semi slick) Stik and i were washing bikes at the bike wash in the pits. I was kinda trying to say hi but he wouldn't even look at me! But then again he probably had no idea who i was and he was just busy being a factory mechanic.

Krispy
I think your under selling yourself there Krispy, your part rocked :thumb:

Pretty crazy times huh :D

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Crazy times? I blackened by sack TWICE during the filming of Third Down. Ugh. Amazing i had a kid afterward!!!!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I still chant 'Krispy Krispy Krispy' sometimes when Im tossin myself off something large! (umm.. that could have been better worded, yesno?)