Quantcast

This is why we have sh!t-head kids running around these days...

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
California mother arrested for encouraging son to fight

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/23/california.fight.video/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

CNN) -- A California mother was arrested this week after she was captured on video encouraging her son to pummel another boy, police said.
The woman can be heard yelling "Beat him down. Body slam him," as the two boys swing wildly at each other in the scuffle that leaves one bloody.
At one point in the video, circulated on the internet, the woman offers pointers to her son on how to win the fight. She also assures the combatants they have permission to fight in her yard and that she will not call the police.
Police say they have arrested the woman, identifying her as Jennifer Zuniga, 33, of the central California city of Ceres.
She faces child endangerment and contributing to the delinquency of a minor charges, police said.
"Jennifer can be heard and seen in the video yelling and encouraging her son to batter the other juvenile. Jennifer is heard yelling a barrage of profanities and enticing the fight," Ceres Police said in a statement.
The video was posted on YouTube and police say they learned about it from a tipster.
Police also credited a man who witnessed the fight and can be seen on the video stopping it.
"This man (challenges) Jennifer Zuniga's actions and stopped the assault before someone was seriously injured," the police statement said.
At the end of the video, the man is seen getting in between the brawling boys.
"Lady, you're letting them fight like this? What kind of example are you, lady?" the man asks.
"I don't care," the woman replies.
I looked for the video but couldn't find it. There was one of a mom encouraging her daughter to fight though. WTF is wrong with people? Society is going down the sh!tter quick, fast and in a hurry.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
When I was a kid, we were strongly encouraged to beat the living sh!t out of each other. Dad would beat your ass if you lost a fight and cried about it. 10X more than "these days."

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah, when I was a tot fighting wasn't encouraged at all, except in self defense. I definitely wouldn't have gotten rooted on by my mother. My father taught me how to swiftly finish a fight, and to not be proud of having to do so.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had a good talk with the wife this morning. Over spring break, our daughter is taking a self defense class put on by Portland PD. You can see the change in her confidence because she has learned how to use words and body language to help her out of situations. If words don't work, she has actions as a last resort.

While I'm not going to take my daughter to some Cobra Kai dojo and make her sweep the leg, she is far less likely to be hassled at school because she has new tools.

Yes, this is very constructive and I could have just tossed her into a cage with a rabid dog and see who comes out on top. But she's still a little small for that, maybe middle school.