Quantcast

This weeks Snowshoe build report

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Ya man, it's going to up and open all summer long. As long as you have a trail pass, you'll be able to ride it for as long as you want. The building of the mtn x course should be getting underway very soon, of course that is weather dependent though (it was just snowing again here this morning!!!!)

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Awesome!!

We are planning a trip for mid August. The place should be ripping with new stuff by the time we get there. Looking foward to it..:cool:

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Don't mean to ask a stupid question, but would the DH courses of the norba national @ snowshoe this year be the same DH courses that ppl could ride when the park opens? I've been thinking of trying the National race at Snowshoe this yr as my first race ever and would definitely consider it a lot more if i could achully practise those runs some week ends before June... Racing is really overwhelming for me dunno why...

Christian -

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Yep, you can ride the dh course before the Norba National. The new pro/expert course should be open to all on opening day (Saturday) of Memorial Day Weekend. The sport/beginner course will also be open and will use the same course as years past. You'll definitely be able to check out both courses in the weeks leading up to the National.

jondog31

Chimp
Sep 16, 2003
Greenville, SC
Originally posted by Hulkamaniac
Another weekend packed full of trail building at Snowshoe and more pics to show everyone. Check out our dedicated mountain biking website http://ride.snowshoemtn.com and go to the photos section for pics of all the new features. Some of the new stuff built this weekend included:

skinnies, jumps, huge berms, drops (both natural and manmade) and a few other little surprises.

Check it out and let us know what you think. We are constantly building and prepping for opening day on May 29th (Memorial Day W/E). Building will continue regularly throughout the summer as well.

Ok, I'm a dumbass, how about I read the thread BEFORE I post!

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
It looks like quite a hike to the MTX course from the village. How far is it? I have to drag a 4 yr old and a wife.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Originally posted by jondog31
I know that opening day can't come soon enough for all of us, but when is it?
Opening day is the 29th of May (edit). Ballhooter lift, park, trails, etc will all be open from then on 7 days a week all summer long.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Originally posted by Mikedsx
It looks like quite a hike to the MTX course from the village. How far is it? I have to drag a 4 yr old and a wife.
The mtn x course is definitely farther from the village than in years past, but I wouldn't say it's very far. From the Shavers Center, north end of the village, it's a 5 to 10 minute walk down the gravel access road/ski trail. The grade of the access road is fairly mellow, so walking back up shouldn't be bad at all.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Opening day is the 29th of April. Ballhooter lift, park, trails, etc will all be open from then on 7 days a week all summer long.
APRIL 29th as in this thursday?

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Sorry, I meant May (edit) 29th.........my brain was wondering off to a conversation taking place in the office and someone mentioned an April date, which I inadventently typed. Sorry again, it's March 29th.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Sorry, I meant March 29th.........my brain was wondering off to a conversation taking place in the office and someone mentioned an April date, which I inadventently typed. Sorry again, it's March 29th.
March 29 so I could have been coming up there for the last month?

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Sorry, I meant March 29th.........my brain was wondering off to a conversation taking place in the office and someone mentioned an April date, which I inadventently typed. Sorry again, it's March 29th.
Haha...you've been open now for a month and you didn't bother telling anyone? :D Or did someone move Memorial day weekend without telling the rest of us? ;) :D

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Looks like you have to many days in the sun pounding nails

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Who took over the summit shop when Tommy left last year? I'll be glad to help with any trail work while i'm up. I'm gonna be all over that 4x track, I love me some jumps!

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I'm not sure who is the manager of the shop this year. I know Retail is playing a much bigger role in the shop from here on out, so I would imagine that they have someone lined up.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
For those of you who need to take SNL's Sarcasm 101:

I feel bad for bring up the "no HT at Snowshoe" thing. It's an ongoing joke from the DH forum, it's NOT TRUE. You can ride whatever you want at Snowshoe and Whistler.

Sorry for spoiling it for those who've gotten a good laugh out of it. It's amazing what some will believe, think for yourself people!!!!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by Matt D

I feel bad for bring up the "no HT at Snowshoe" thing. It's an ongoing joke from the DH forum, it's NOT TRUE. You can ride whatever you want at Snowshoe and Whistler.

Sorry for spoiling it for those who've gotten a good laugh out of it. It's amazing what some will believe, think for yourself people!!!!

sooooo..........are you being sarcastic? ;)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD

awwww..... you ruined all the fun. Oh well, we can pick on Downy for somthing else :devil:

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
Not many people are familiar with the New Jersey sense of humor that you possess and so poetically brandish. By the way, are you considered a New Jersian, a New Jersier, or just a Jers. I think they should have site just for you called Just Ask Matt. I personally enjoy a tablespoon of your sarcasm with my morning coffee everyday.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Damn, I was hoping this would continue, but all good things come to and end I suppose.

I did hear they're banning 24 inch wheels in DC though....

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by Superdeft
The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if that were really the case considering how DC is run. I certainly wouldn't put it past them. :rolleyes: ;) :D

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Too bad, hardtails are illegal @ Snowshoe just like Whistler. You can't DH on a HT.
Ok, I acknowledge my thickheadedness, but there was nothing there (like an emoticon) to show sarcasm. I just didn't think of it.

Now isn't sarcasm just great! ;)

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
Originally posted by Superdeft
24" wheels are allowed if you're riding onto incoming traffic (cept tuesday 3:26 to 3:47). 26" wheels are for riding with traffic. and of course, neither are allowed to touch a sacred DC sidewalk :rolleyes:

get it straight, okay?

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by BigMike
ONto INcoming?

maybe INto ONcoming?

Get it straight OK? :D
Nah...it really should be "onto incoming" as in riding onto incoming traffic. It's the latest signature DC-style stunt. Jibberific!

...although personally I would think it would be easier with 26" wheels :D.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by rideLIKEjehu
24" wheels are allowed if you're riding onto incoming traffic (cept tuesday 3:26 to 3:47). 26" wheels are for riding with traffic. and of course, neither are allowed to touch a sacred DC sidewalk :rolleyes:

get it straight, okay?
waaaaaaasssstttteeeeeee:cool: