Quantcast

Thread "Previewing"?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
I frequent another forum utilizing vBulletin.
On that forum you can hover your mouse over the thread title and it will preview the text of the thread. Only for a few seconds but enough to get the general idea.

All too often you see a promising new thread and open it only to find it isn't worth reading...

Preview would be helpful especially since at work (and even at home to an extent) with all the new firewalls and security and crap things are starting to bog down.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
It would be a good option, but it can also be fairly annoying.
However, the benefits outweigh the minuses...
Get it.

Also youtube insertion.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Pretty sure this was discussed and the owner doesn't like the extreme excess bandwidth needed to do it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This would be nice seeing as how the number of new threads just for youtube vids has grown drastically.

or could we just get another forum strictly for youtube posts? I'm really starting to get fed up with opening a thread being semi-interested in the topic, then only to find that its a youtube link.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
This would be nice seeing as how the number of new threads just for youtube vids has grown drastically.

or could we just get another forum strictly for youtube posts? I'm really starting to get fed up with opening a thread being semi-interested in the topic, then only to find that its a youtube link.
agreed, but what about doing a sticky u2b thread and insist people put that sh1t in it?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Even if you do the youtube specific thread I guarantee you folks will still post outside of it.....so why bother?...D

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Even if you do the youtube specific thread I guarantee you folks will still post outside of it.....so why bother?...D
Exactly.

I have no problems with youtube, I just hate having to click links.
On farkin, there is a youtube embed button which installs the video's cover picture in the post. Click on that and it starts playing. No more pesky links!