Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Wow!! .....It's amazing there weren't any spontaneous human combustions at the dirt jumps last night. It's hot. Oppressively hot. We rode for 3 solid hours in what can only be described as invisible lava. It was 95 degrees with 90% humidity and I'm not sure I could have been any more soaked had I taken a bath. Aside from all that, everyone was going off and enjoying the new hip line that was built this week. We rode until we could barely push our way back up the hill.

Today is going to be hotter.....temps around 97 with as much humidity will make it feel well above 100!! :shocked:

Chillin at the house this evening......gonna be too toasty for anything else.

Y'all have a great day!!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

did the "high impact" workout last night. Didn't feel like going, but went anyway. Glad I did. Got to smack the stuffing out of some lower rank black belts. Mostly a review night, and that is what I wanted/needed.

Today I'm installing a remote monitoring system in the middle of the Farmington River. They are replacing the bridge over the river, and there are 50 year old sewer pipes that are within 20' of the temporary pilings. They are providing me with a boat and a captain for the install. Sounds like a bad cluster fvck to me.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. Company "picnic" today, which basically means at lunchtime I get on a bus and go to the main campus, grab a burger, then get on the bus and go back to work. Really exciting stuff. At least I get to wear jeans today.

Last night I hit the gym then watched the Red Wings win yet another Stanley Cup. Good times, good times. :)

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning gang. rough weather in the south o' Maryland last night! Several tornadoes and a lot of sever stuff. Today looks a lot calmer.

Nothing but Powerpoints for me today....*sigh*

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
morning monkeys.

looks like the weather has cleared and i'm due for a ride. i've been slackin a bit. just feelin overwhelmed with the move and the impact of it all.

but i'm gonna head out for an early ride today. should be able to get my bike a little dirty. :biggrin:

hey X3...did i mention i used to design high end power points for CEO's of large corporations??? :rolleyes: just sayin.

nothing new to report else wise.

have a great thursday!!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

90 and rain today ... A/C here I come. (I hate running the air conditioner)
Street ride with friends tonight. I need to find a 3/32 (?) allen wrench to adjust my rear King hub. I'm all for buying made in the USA, but having one english fastener on my entire bike is a pain. I got new tires for the ol' road bike too.

Coffee is good.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
...did i mention i used to design high end power points for CEO's of large corporations??? :rolleyes: just sayin....
Could you please come design some powerpoints for the professors we have. Currently they range anywhere between top to bottom size 10 text to random pictures that don't correlate with the underlying text... And editing? Not a snowball's chance in hell that's happening...

have a good'n monos

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning. I watched The Freshest Kids last night and had weird B-Girl dreams all night long.

My in laws are coming in today I am SO EXCITED. My ma-in-law and I are trying out a new yogas class tonight and I can't wait. I've been looking for a reason to go but don't really like going alone.

However, it is supposed to rain all f'in weekend and we really wanted to take them to our beach (they live in Jacksonville) to show it off.

I don't work tomorrow so that is very very nice. Weekend starts today at 2.30!

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
Could you please come design some powerpoints for the professors we have. Currently they range anywhere between top to bottom size 10 text to random pictures that don't correlate with the underlying text... And editing? Not a snowball's chance in hell that's happening...

have a good'n monos

my favorite used to be when they would use the camera sound and wooshing car sound for every animated effect they could possible give text or images...and they use EVERY effect. :banghead:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Went for a short ride last night on pavement - followed by a short walk with laura after eating a tasty steak for dinner. Got some sherbet at the ice cream shop and watched The Wings vs. Penguins game. All in all a good night!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Slow morning (literally -- I need coffee) then working on final exams with the kids, a band party and I was pulled to cover a couple of classes this afternoon...yeah me! Still waiting to see it my salary offer was accepted by the busniess manager & BOE so I still don't know if I have a new job or not. :rolleyes:

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Mowed the lawn after 2 days of non-stop rain, bought some hanging baskets for the front of the house. House looks awesome now. Then watched the Pens vs Wings game.

Rode to work today. It was about 70 with 80% humidity. I have to get used to it being so musty in the mornings. I got a flat about half way in. Then once I get back on the road a dump truck cuts me off and there is a flood of mud, rocks and water coming from its tailgate.

I hope the rest of the day goes better.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
and the calf?
Baby steps. I am walking on it for very short distances - crutches for everything else. I anticipate some easy spinning next week. I'm trying to be ready for a TT on the 19th but I'm not sure that will happen.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
morning. i'm home sick today, and any posting I do will be done from the bathroom. How's that for a visual? :dead:

Have a better day than me people!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
morning. i'm home sick today, and any posting I do will be done from the bathroom. How's that for a visual? :dead:

Have a better day than me people!
at least that means that (most of) the backsplatter isn't getting above waist level...

:banana:

two more days of "capstone" wrap-up courses, then i'm hooded on saturday! i'm starting to get nervous. i also should have been there at 8 this morning (it's 9:13 at the moment -- going to throw a leg over the bike in 20 minutes or so). meh.