Quantcast

~~~Thursday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Wow, 2 in a row??

Slack night last night, wound up getting sucked into watching Storage Wars. Like a bad train wreck, couldn't quit looking.

RatsAss

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Where the sidewalk ends...
Wife went out last night, so I was responsible for feeding and bathing the childrens. Grilled cheese it was!! Storage Wars?? Piff...Operation Repo is where it was at last night. I really need to kill my tv.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went without cable for 6 months. Can't bring myself to watch anything other than Wipeout and American Family now.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Time to buy the younger kid another bike.......only took a year for her to blow buy a bike she barely fit on when we bought it. This time around, she wants a mountain bike, wonder if she'll fit on a Blur........:weee:.......wife would kill me.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Happy anniversary to me. A year ago, I broke my neck in a mountain bike accident in Canada. Today, I'm in my bed, posting on the Internet from my iPad, and thinking about calling in sick to work because I pinched a nerve in my leg which may make it difficult to drive safely. Ah, first-world problems.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Took a colleague out for his first real road ride last night. He had been very confident in his ability to ride but even without trying I brought him back to reality. Getting fast on the road bike just takes a lot of miles.

Wife and kids are still in Denmark and its like I have jumped into a parallel life. I actually thought I would be bored but there has been tons of things to do and time is flying as usual.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ok as day 11 of working 26 straight days dawns I am wiped from yesterday. I thought Wednesday was going too well, our late afternoon interhospital trafer got canceled and we were posted up in walnut creek....then we got the run from hell. Tranfer from UCSF in the heart of San Francisco to St Josephs in Stockton at rush hour.

It took just over an hour to go the 30 miles to SF as the bay bridge was a mess. Then we hung out in the hallway while they got the patient ready. OK 5:45 we start rolling through town and all is well until we hit the bay bridge approach freaking dead stop. There was a stall mid span. It took an hour in stop and go to make 6 miles. We whipped though Oakland and out towards the central valley on 580...whoops wreck on the back side of the Altamont Pass another 1 hour of stop and go aaaaaah. Anyhow a trip that should have taken 3 hours stretched out to 6.5. Thankfully the patients pain meds did the job and they semi dozed through the traffic jams.

my shift lasted 15 hours. Today they tell me I have a round trip with a 400 pounder to start my day...shoot me please

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
We've gotta see this blow up doll prank. Can't you just make it NSFW?

Half day tomorrow, gonna take the dogs for a bike ride. My girl Kona has been super funny in the mornings, just a happy little pup! Makes my day to see he smiling at me when I wake up!

Day 3 of not drinking. It isn't so bad, though I'm not sleeping any better or waking up any fresher.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We've gotta see this blow up doll prank. Can't you just make it NSFW?

Half day tomorrow, gonna take the dogs for a bike ride. My girl Kona has been super funny in the mornings, just a happy little pup! Makes my day to see he smiling at me when I wake up!

Day 3 of not drinking. It isn't so bad, though I'm not sleeping any better or waking up any fresher.
You live on the west side of the Cascades? Have you considered mold as the root cause of your ills? :D

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
You live on the west side of the Cascades? Have you considered mold as the root cause of your ills? :D
ha! nope, hadn't thought of that one! but come to think of it, when I lived on the east side I didn't have these problems! plus there was a lot more vitamin D coming down from the sky ;)

it takes a while for the stuff to clear out of your system. just take it one moment at a time

so far I've made it 31 years since I stopped drinking
actually, your anniversary of being sober thread was why I even posted this little challenge of mine on RM, you have inspired me sir! Thank you for the encouragement! It means a lot!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Afternoon monkeys!

Currently sitting in the hotel lobby, posting on the complimentary wifi.

Didn't get to the hotel last night until about 1:30 local. Traveling with a wheelchair bound person is both awesome and horrendous at the same time. Awesome, because we get to board before everybody else, regardless of where we were in line. Horrendous because not only are we first on, but also last off the plane, due to having to wait for the wheelchair to arrive at the door from the cargo hold.

Had breakfast in a German restaurant this morning. Tried grits for the first time, don't think I'll have them again. Walked around a little, and BigT and I have decided that we are going to do a Segway tour on Saturday.

Be safe out there.