Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's actually pretty surprising. Are you in the same location as the senior mgmt teams and where clients tour?
not the top level execs, but most of the senior directors and vp's at our "campus" wear jeans when they're not in fancy meetings with outside companies

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not a baller but have well funded expense account. Also foumd Chik fil A. It appears to be the busiest fast food. What would @Toshi do?
I would buy a regular chicken sandwich (with the pickle) and a pack of their nugget-equivalents. And maybe a frosted lemonade, because that shit's delicious.

In related but other ethnic food news I have discovered that "Thai hot" is perhaps a notch or two too hot for me in my dotage.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm normally out of A or C and take my own food, so I'm going to offer very little assistance :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
not the top level execs, but most of the senior directors and vp's at our "campus" wear jeans when they're not in fancy meetings with outside companies
I went from a ~250 person, $Xmil/yr revenue company at a single site that required ties, to a ~60,000 people, $XXbil/yr revenue company all over the globe, and jeans/button up shirts is predominant up until upper management (ie: hundred of direct reports).

EDIT - just came across this on my company's wiki page....pretty funny.
Merck pioneered the commercial manufacture of morphine in the 19th century and for a time held a virtual monopoly on cocaine
I'm basically a drug kingpin

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had my best interview ever in my life today. I am still shaking a little.

Apartment should be online today. A lot of hard work from wife and I and the agent did a great job.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I went from a ~250 person, $Xmil/yr revenue company at a single site that required ties, to a ~60,000 people, $XXbil/yr revenue company all over the globe, and jeans/button up shirts is predominant up until upper management (ie: hundred of direct reports).

Same. I work for a global company with +155,000 employees and who knows how much revenue. Only the very top directors are found to be in ties. Some simply wear jeans and button up shirt. Some engineers in this building wear hoodies. I rock a polo and jeans with worn out safety shoes. I think shorts might push it, but fuck I would love to wear some.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
In related but other ethnic food news I have discovered that "Thai hot" is perhaps a notch or two too hot for me in my dotage.
You gotta be careful with that... and depending on the place too. At U.S. Thai Cafe near Sloan's Lake their "medium" would qualify as "Thai Hot" at many other Thai food places...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I usually have to go to a Thai or Indian place a few times and order Thai Hot or Indian Hot before they take me seriously. Rarely do I get a dish that is what I would call hot. Sometimes I'll order 2x Indian hot when I need some pain.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I usually have to go to a Thai or Indian place a few times and order Thai Hot or Indian Hot before they take me seriously. Rarely do I get a dish that is what I would call hot. Sometimes I'll order 2x Indian hot when I need some pain.
I used to have a colleague from India who would always order extra spicy Vindaloo + extra hot peppers puree on the side to take it to eleven.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We got Lamb Vindaloo hot from a local Indian place last year. It was so hot that I couldn't finish it, but we still took it home. When we didn't eat it, I ended up just tossing it. Unfortunately, this is when Layla was still getting into the trash and eating food that was thrown away. She ate all of it. A full family sized serving.
I was down in the basement and heard her whining to go out and did such. Once I realized that she had eaten the lamb, I went outside to check on her and she was eating a ton of grass (I'm assuming for flavor?). The next day, she was waiting to get let out in the morning and that poor girl... Crying and whimpering with every poop. But dragging after every poop came out, then pooping again. It went on for almost the entire day. On a side note, she doesn't get into the trash anymore. :)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
We got Lamb Vindaloo hot from a local Indian place last year. It was so hot that I couldn't finish it, but we still took it home. When we didn't eat it, I ended up just tossing it. Unfortunately, this is when Layla was still getting into the trash and eating food that was thrown away. She ate all of it. A full family sized serving.
I was down in the basement and heard her whining to go out and did such. Once I realized that she had eaten the lamb, I went outside to check on her and she was eating a ton of grass (I'm assuming for flavor?). The next day, she was waiting to get let out in the morning and that poor girl... Crying and whimpering with every poop. But dragging after every poop came out, then pooping again. It went on for almost the entire day. On a side note, she doesn't get into the trash anymore. :)
It is surprising that my turds don't sizzle when they hit the water.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've had to throw away vindaloo once before as well. The drunken noodles leftover from lunch went down very well with some Noosa yogurt atop them.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ended up eating at Elways with a collegue who was on the same flight. I had a wedge salad, basic buger and habanero 3 bean salad. $48 with tip. It was good.

I still have 3 hours until my flight. If I wasnt already an over fed long haired sleepy eyed midget I'd hit Chick fil A before boarding.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

I respect and admire your companies rich history in the legacy drug trade... Does Merck supply the White House?

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
What used to be acres of wetlands before the tender embrace of industrial agriculture in the late 1970s brought in a dragline to drain them is flooded and serving as a motel for thousands of Canada and snow geese, who are feeding and raising a magnificent din.

Otherwise, coffee and a trip north to discuss MTB access politics.

Signed papers a couple of days ago that supposedly ensure that our little empire up here eventually goes to a non-profit, with guaranteed access to MTB, no logging, no development, yada-ya...
Interesting.

Oog... pulled road bike off hook, pumped up tires, 46 miles, only 2,200' of climbing, but I'm broken. North wind notable on the return leg. Starting to address that by eating an eclair.
I had a fresh Maple Bacon Donut this morning from the sweetheart in the Bread Department @ my Winter weekend work.

Finally am near complete with my 3 year old Telecaster. Was able to get prep done for one of the guys at the shop; still to do intonation and relief, result: another Frankencaster on the Earth.
17 - 1.jpg

And a 50Watt Marshall combo. :boss:

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Commuter aircraft are the suck. Did have plain Chik fil A with pickles and a large lemonaide. Final boarding happened while I was at the urinal. Last one to board. Shitting next to wookie. Happy I fit in seat. Stewardess is Swedish, accent and all.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife just told me that one of the worlds best ultra endurance cyclists was killed earlier during a race across Australia.

Mike Hall had crushed most of the endurance cycling records. By chance I bunked with him before the start of racing Tour Divide in 2011.

We'd only watched the DVD Inspired to Ride covering his attempt at the transcontinental race across the USA a few weeks ago.

Sucks to get squashed by a car :(

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sucks about Hall

Just finished an easy 40 minute recovery spin on the trainer to stretch everything out from yesterdays burn fest on the elliptical. I have another easy day planned for tomorrow so that I have fresh legs for a 4-5 hour ride on Saturday

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Commuter aircraft are the suck. Did have plain Chik fil A with pickles and a large lemonaide. Final boarding happened while I was at the urinal. Last one to board. Shitting next to wookie. Happy I fit in seat. Stewardess is Swedish, accent and all.
Yes, that displays seem like a bad plan. I think the flight attendant was a man at some point...