Quantcast

*** Thursday gmt ****

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One of the town snow plows, Darth Blader, is currently in the ditch at the end of the street. Don't think he appreciated the "can't park there bud" wave.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
@HardtailHack friends don't let friends run White Industries. Unless you plan on looking at them and not actually dishing out abuse.

Snowed last night, caught a head cold. Wtf
Are they no good?
I just wanted a Titanium free hub body and my current Hadley has had a bit of a skipping issue since new, it's getting better so it was probably just over greases.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Are they no good?
I just wanted a Titanium free hub body and my current Hadley has had a bit of a skipping issue since new, it's getting better so it was probably just over greases.
Every Hadley I've owned (and I've got some going on 15 years old) preferred a lighter touch with lighter viscosity grease. As you've experienced, they can get gummed up if there's too much.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Every Hadley I've owned (and I've got some going on 15 years old) preferred a lighter touch with lighter viscosity grease. As you've experienced, they can get gummed up if there's too much.
I think I only greased my previous one once, it was a good hub.
1708084800218.png

They are too dear with our dollar currently circling the toilet so I bought Novatec Premium hubs, they were on special if you bought weird colors, so I got Pepto Pink.
Do I want Velocity Blunt 35 rims?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Are they no good?
I'm sure some of their stuff is fine! I don't think WI makes their stuff to handle abusive/hucking/jumping. My only experience was with their cranks - I bent them on day 1, riding my bike at Duthie on some of the jumps.

As for Hadley and grease, I was using slick honey and when I told them on the phone, the Hadley peeps said, hell no!, we'll send you a little bottle of the approved low-viscosity lubricant.