Quantcast

thursday gun in mouth blues post election thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yes, no one else has ever worked or experienced hardship.
You forget that Brian has had to suffer the injustice of pumps only dispensing $75 of gas, a niggardly sum that wouldn't even fill his Tahoe up to the brim during the 2008 oil price spike... which incidentally was caused by Goldman Sachs, not by fundamental market forces.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You forget that Brian has had to suffer the injustice of pumps only dispensing $75 of gas, a niggardly sum that wouldn't even fill his Tahoe up to the brim during the 2008 oil price spike... which incidentally was caused by Goldman Sachs, not by fundamental market forces.
and we're likely heading back there, because Dodd Frank is now at risk of being repealed

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/10/501610842/trump-team-promises-to-dismantle-dodd-frank-bank-regulations

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I am 38 years old. And if you think I wouldn't say all that to your face in front of god and everyone, we clearly haven't met. In fact, a goodly portion of that is a cut and paste I made on FB before the election. People I work with, people I see on a daily basis, friends and family, some of them even Trump supporters I assume, all got to read a lot of the same language. Unlike you, I am willing to take a principled stand for what is just and right, and I am not afraid of the consequences, even if it costs me some money.

Edit: And no, it's not "a little harsh", it's a lot harsh. It is however, a lot less harsh than the threat of rounding up people with goon squads in the dark. It's a lot less harsh than the bullshit that's already going on to people who are black, brown, or happen to have an unusually large number of vowels in their names the day after Fuckface Von Clownstick was elected. I stand by my statement, and would add, that I am astounded that anyone would trade these things to save a couple bucks a month on health insurance. What is it like to sell your morals, basic human decency, conscious and soul, so cheaply?
Well the sorry I got your age wrong princess! Bottom line is 50% of the country felt it's going in the wrong direction. I myself feel that way, I may be right I may be wrong. At the end of the day Trump is our new president like it or not. Maybe he'll surprise everyone and do a good job, in 4 years we'll know for sure. The system is flawed on both sides and an outsider may be the one to fix it. The other alternative is leave the country no ones stopping you.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well the sorry I got your age wrong princess! Bottom line is 50% of the country felt it's going in the wrong direction. I myself feel that way, I may be right I may be wrong. At the end of the day Trump is our new president like it or not. Maybe he'll surprise everyone and do a good job, in 4 years we'll know for sure. The system is flawed on both sides and an outsider may be the one to fix it. The other alternative is leave the country no ones stopping you.
I'm open to being wrong. I sure hope I am in fact. Maybe monkeys will fly out of my ass or Giant Meteor will make a late election cycle comeback. There is always hope.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Not planning to get into a pissing contest, but since you live in the most liberal nanny state in the US of A, the irony is strong with this one:

The other alternative is leave the country no ones stopping you.
I hear Oklahoma is nice, very 'business friendly' and they have earthquakes to boot

[back to lurking]

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not planning to get into a pissing contest, but since you live in the most liberal nanny state in the US of A, the irony is strong with this one:

I hear Oklahoma is nice, very 'business friendly' and they have earthquakes to boot

[back to lurking]
I call em "freedom quakes".

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Serious question: What can we do about it?

I see lots of justified anger here, but what can we do about the current situation? In my opinion voting 2 years from now is too little, too late. What can be done right now? What are some concrete actions we can take? I am talking about everything from donations and volunteering to downright obstruction and placing of sabots. I am in search of an outlet for my rage...without going to jail or getting my ass kicked, shot, maced, etc.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bullshit, CEO pay has skyrocketed. What, it hasn't trickled down to you yet? Obviously they don't have enough money yet :)
I researched the last 20 years, CEO pay has gone up 3x. Think of what you can do with 90 million dollars vs. 30 million!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Serious question: What can we do about it?

I see lots of justified anger here, but what can we do about the current situation? In my opinion voting 2 years from now is too little, too late. What can be done right now? What are some concrete actions we can take? I am talking about everything from donations and volunteering to downright obstruction and placing of sabots. I am in search of an outlet for my rage...without going to jail or getting my ass kicked, shot, maced, etc.
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/own-this.277674/#post-4169235

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Reminds me of:
i ripped off a henry rollins song "gun in mouth blues" for the title.....speaking of henry....he did a spoken word thing on election night in DC...i wonder how late that went...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm open to being wrong. I sure hope I am in fact. Maybe monkeys will fly out of my ass or Giant Meteor will make a late election cycle comeback. There is always hope.
Brian likes Newcastle and Hope brakes. Clearly, his ability to be right about things is rather challenged.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I'm NOT a trump fan but anger and hatred won't fix this

What this shows is any group can can band together and get who they want in the white house

This should be a wake up call to the elected officials that we can put them in office as easily as we can replace them that they need to work for the greater good of the people not there special interest group or lobbyist

It's not "lions and tigers and bears oh my"

This is hand we are dealt neither side likes him so vote in two years make sure the right people get elected and again in 4 years make sure to vote too many people did not vote

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I'm curious - which of these issues did you see as either A) taking the country in the right direction or B) less important then other issues and why?

- Pence's declaration that being gay was a choice, and supports conversion therapy
- Pence's opposition to the Employment Non-Discrimination Act which would have banned discrimination against people based on sexual orientation.
- Pence signing a law that makes applying for a marriage license in Indiana a felony for gay couples
- Trumps quote: "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm curious - which of these issues did you see as either A) taking the country in the right direction or B) less important then other issues and why?

- Pence's declaration that being gay was a choice, and supports conversion therapy
- Pence's opposition to the Employment Non-Discrimination Act which would have banned discrimination against people based on sexual orientation.
- Pence signing a law that makes applying for a marriage license in Indiana a felony for gay couples
- Trumps quote: "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."
IMO Pence was used as a pawn to secure the right wing vote. Trump is definitely not anti gay and has supported them in the past. The Democratic Party fucked up and elected Hillary. Obama was pretty much invisible for the 8 years and Hillary didn't offer anything different. Bernie would have beat Trump with his new fresh ideas that would have caused taxes to skyrocket even more, but that's a mute point. To be honest I never paid attention to where Trump stands on global warming, then again my wife works for an oil company which helps put food on our table.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
IMO Pence was used as a pawn to secure the right wing vote. Trump is definitely not anti gay and has supported them in the past. The Democratic Party fucked up and elected Hillary. Obama was pretty much invisible for the 8 years and Hillary didn't offer anything different. Bernie would have beat Trump with his new fresh ideas that would have caused taxes to skyrocket even more, but that's a mute point. To be honest I never paid attention to where Trump stands on global warming, then again my wife works for an oil company which helps put food on our table.
Moot. It's spelled moot. Please disseminate this information freely.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Well the sorry I got your age wrong princess! Bottom line is 50% of the country felt it's going in the wrong direction. I myself feel that way, I may be right I may be wrong. At the end of the day Trump is our new president like it or not. Maybe he'll surprise everyone and do a good job, in 4 years we'll know for sure.
this is the main problem w/ the 'drain the swamp' crew... "maybe he'll surprise everyone and do a good job."

yeah, he's an intellectually lazy, dangerous narcissist but what's the worst that can happen?

The system is flawed on both sides and an outsider may be the one to fix it. The other alternative is leave the country no ones stopping you.
spoken like someone who's never emigrated. most of the time, it's the other country that'll do the stopping.

On the other hand, you like to bitch about the taxes and freeloaders in California, and it's a million times easier to move to a different state, so suck it up, princess.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
this is the main problem w/ the 'drain the swamp' crew... "maybe he'll surprise everyone and do a good job."

yeah, he's an intellectually lazy, dangerous narcissist but what's the worst that can happen?
"He doesn't mean everything he says".

http://www.nytimes.com/times-insider/2015/02/10/1922-hitler-in-bavaria/?_r=2

MARTIN: I remember in one of our previous conversations, Eugene, you told me you didn't really believe that Donald Drumpf was going to do all the things that he said - that he didn't really espouse the kinds of ideas that he was putting out there. He didn't think that all Mexicans were rapists. You didn't really believe he was going to build a wall. Is that true still?

SPEKTOR: I don't know if I'd ever said I don't think he's going to build the wall. But I definitely don't think that the policies that he was presenting were necessarily going to happen. I think that a lot of them came from a negotiating perspective. So for example, you say you're going to build a wall. You say you're going to deport people. But the real goal is to just have people stop coming in illegally and to get the legal immigration system working. So even without doing that - just by saying that, you can have your desired effect.
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/13/501904223/young-republicans-roundtable-how-their-views-have-changed-after-election-of-dona

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Trump also had Steve Bannon on his team, and has now made him Chief Strategist. Hiring people with a history of fighting against equal rights seems OK to you?