Quantcast

}} Thursday? Yes, Thursday {{

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The colon blow I took at 5:00 last night did not kick in until 4:00 this morning, and then the flood gates were open! For a while there I thought the bottle was a dud. Now I've got a pill camera working it's way through my system....doc is trying to figure out why my red blood count is low. coolstorybro

Going on 25 hours since I last ate, with three more to go.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
For any monkies who work electronics frequently, what is a decent multimeter? ($50-70)
would be for automotive testing / repair work (things like continuity testing / checking volts / amps)
Might be a bit more than you're looking to spend, but my (almost) daily driver is a UEi DM393. I presume youre asking for the truck? That meter may be more than you need, but I'm of the opinion that moar is betterer when it comes to such tools. UEi is the bulk of such meters in the avionics office. We're legally required to maintain calibration and such, the meters have always held up well despite being handled by monkeys most days. Mine has been around, always passes cal, used on everything from stereo equipment to aircraft electronics.

2021-03-12.jpg

Edit: Sniped by GFF I see.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Might be a bit more than you're looking to spend, but my (almost) daily driver is a UEi DM393. I presume youre asking for the truck? That meter may be more than you need, but I'm of the opinion that moar is betterer when it comes to such tools. UEi is the bulk of such meters in the avionics office. We're legally required to maintain calibration and such, the meters have always held up well despite being handled by monkeys most days. Mine has been around, always passes cal, used on everything from stereo equipment to aircraft electronics.

View attachment 168922

indeed, would be for the fzj80

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I'm tellin' ya, it's easy to fall into that trap once you start getting into it (I believe you are a man that understands such things). This is from a while ago but I'm #12. You'd be amazed what all that stuff costs.
Its funny now since my kiddo has her own kiddo and is going through the same thing I went through. She has moved over to quads but same principle, everytime I talk to her its about suspension, tires, blah blah, I really get a kick out it. Last year my grandson was on point with the strider, this year he gets a toddlers electric moto. Should be fun to watch it unfold.

1639673393866.jpeg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
indeed, would be for the fzj80
I've got an older Craftsman Professional in the toolbox and a $20 Craftsman that lives in the truck. Neither are as fancy as the Fluke Squeeb linked, but have proven sufficient for everything I've needed so far. YMMV, especially if you've got wiring gremlins.

Whatever you do, make sure to source a good, long set of alligator clips. Few things suck more than attempting to hold probes on wires in weird places while contorting yourself to read the screen.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

2-10 PM today from home. AM from home tomorrow. Then Devo day 3 and flying out to Seattle on Sunday for a bit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

View attachment 168922

I recognize that smoke machine

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still morning Monkeys.

Today is the celebration of the first via. I've not been to Top Golf yet, so it should be hilarious if nothing else. I guess know better way to celebrate a hole than with fake golf.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Unfortunately I tend to become friends with my long term dialysis clients and their families. I have been there for one client who has been kind of overwhelmed by her mom's declining health ( I know the mom and sister). Just got an emotional text. Mom just passed from cardiac arrest. I should probably swing by with flowers this afternoon.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So I (thought) that I put winter wheel sets on our CR-Vs. The TPMS system on Hilarie’s wouldn't calibrate. Took it to the dealer and they determined that I left the summer wheel and tire on driver side front.

Senility is a wonderful thing.
If its any consolation, I recently mounted and balanced five 40" tires on true beadlocks for my jeep and completely forgot to instal ALL of the TPMS sensors, lol

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unfortunately I tend to become friends with my long term dialysis clients and their families. I have been there for one client who has been kind of overwhelmed by her mom's declining health ( I know the mom and sister). Just got an emotional text. Mom just passed from cardiac arrest. I should probably swing by with flowers this afternoon.
you're a good man Eric. world could use more like you.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Success! I was finally able to tackle my steering lock issue on the Sprinter.

Nice that a $30 plastic box can replace an $700 repair at the dealer.

2.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
So I (thought) that I put winter wheel sets on our CR-Vs. The TPMS system on Hilarie’s wouldn't calibrate. Took it to the dealer and they determined that I left the summer wheel and tire on driver side front.

Senility is a wonderful thing.
:eek: Did you at least torque all the bolts on the wheels you changed?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Speaking of, (and this should just go in the Great Resignation thread?), but it is going on 40+ hours my truck has been at big O to get my wheels swapped. I even brought all of the dudes croissants. Oh, well, free is better than doing it myself, i guess.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is this even English? I have no idea what you're talking about... :confused:
"First via" was our accomplishment of producing a hole (or via if you are weird) using our new 10um laser. To celebrate our ability to create said holes, the company has rented out a space at Top Golf. Top Golf is a retail golf driving range and bro fest that is open to the public for a fee.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Went downtown for some christmas presents. WHAT A SHIT SHOW. Trees are down EVRYWHERE. Half the intersections don't have working traffic signals, in a town where people can barely navigate them when the lights do work, saw two accidents, several near misses, lots of crushed cars, and plenty of damaged houses.

My goodness.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went downtown for some christmas presents. WHAT A SHIT SHOW. Trees are down EVRYWHERE. Half the intersections don't have working traffic signals, in a town where people can barely navigate them when the lights do work, saw two accidents, several near misses, lots of crushed cars, and plenty of damaged houses.

My goodness.....
clearly they weren't doomsday preppers