Quantcast

-- Thursday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Anyone riding lately? I got in 1 ride over break - very cold, but was good to be back on the trail. Rode for a little over an hour before I started to worry about frostbite.

We got a fair amount of snow last night (about 6") before it changed over to sleet/freezing rain. The ice is still coming down, but I'm hoping to ride Saturday afternoon.

J

JRB

No ride for me today or yesterday. I hope to ride this weekend.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Night riding Tuesday thru Mr. DNA, did half of Crop Circles, Then dropped down and did Tapeworm, and then finished out with Parasite. Ground was frozen and the air was cold, made for a great night ride.
If it snows tonight i may just go for a quick night ride in the snow.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Made it out for a short run(2.5 to 3 miles) last night. No risk of frostbite; it was 30 w/ a windchill in the low 20's, but cold enough for me.

Then I went to the gym for some weights.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Hittin' the trainer HARD. After having a cold for the past week and not being able to breathe enough to train, I finally did a half hour of easy spinning on the rollers last night. Felt good, so tonight it's on.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I rode the first, second and the fourth. Skipped yesterday. Freezing rain today so maybe I might get one in Friday or Saturday? We are in that sucky transition stage before the hard freeze.....jdcamb

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Rode both weekend days, but like Jackson we received around 6" of snow overnight and this morning, followed by freezing rain right now. I hope to ride this weekend, even if it means driving out to the Cape to TOT or Otis. Supposedly, they only received 1 1/2" of snow.