Quantcast

Ti SPrings?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Dave P

what info wont I accept? is a realistic time frame of "when" will I receive my spring too much to ask for???

If there are no springs available to fit the BOS Stoy yet then dont you think that should be communicated to the distributor or to the customers (announcement on home page that springs for BOS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!)?? Isnt that just good customer service etiquette or common courtesy?? if he told us that in the first place than fair enough. Its all about setting expectations.
Im wondering if I would of experienced this kind of delay if I ordered directly thru the website, as you can select the BOS Stoy as an option

as mentioned we have contacted Jim directly because initially we thought it was the distributor making excuses. we have 3 emails from Jim stating that they are on their way

the last email from Jim said this

"We are desperately trying to correct our shipping disaster to prevent any future disaster. ",
that was sent on the 15th of Oct and no mention that they dont make this spring if that was the case. There was still no mention of an ETA

If Jim is a one man shop then I am sympathetic, because it seems like it is a great product, and he cant keep up with demand. If he is having issues then this needs to be communicated to his customers.

so what is their to understand dave P?..I ordered a product that is clearly advertised on their website, a spring for my BOS Stoy (pretty simple) and have not been told once by Obtanium that they dont make this product, and that it is on their way...just no mention of when

I have been told by 2 people who thought they knew everything about Obtanium that they dont make this size , to find out that they were incorrect and that Jim has told people directly that he is manufacturing 3.5" springs

For the 100th time, please show me anywhere that lists a 3.5" Obtainium spring available...or anyone that has one.

WOW not sure where to start....

let me ty to explain this to you simply as you MIGHT understand. ALL obtainum springs have a 1.5" ID (that stands for inner diameter). There NOTHING about any of the springs the Obtainium makes that has ANYTHING to do with the shock diameter it will go on. The shock fitment is an issue of the shock specific adapters (surprise surprise) not the spring. Obtainium springs come in different lengths for different stroke shocks no matter the brand. Obtainium springs come in differnt rates (lb/in) for varying designs, leverage, and rider weight.

Now,

1 The obtainium site CLEARLY lists BOS specific adapters.
2 BOS shocks come in different stroke lengths that require a spring in the SAME stroke length
3 You own a Makalu with a 'non-standard' 10.5 X 3.5" shock
4 Your BOS shock is not the same as every BOS shock (ie BOS is not the only bit of information you would need to order the correct shock for you bike)

So.... Obtainium lists and has adapters built for the shock body dimeter of the BOS shocks.

BUT.....

This is no way related nor has ANYTHING to do with a 3.5" stroke spring.

What you are waiting for is a 3.5" stroke spring. They are NOT listed on the Obtainium site, nor are they available anywhere. No distributors have them, no consumers have them. There are no pictures nor mention from any one having them.

As to what Nicho has told you, and what Jim has told Nicho, I dont know. I do know that you dont understand what you need, or what you ordered. You also have no idea what got shipped to Oz (were they 3.5" in the wrong rate or 3" ?) nor if this was a mistake made by your distro, or by Jim, or the shipper or anyone else.

Obtainium has made it public knowledge that they DO NOT have a 3.5" stroke spring available to the public by NOT putting it on their site. If Nicho is promising you something else, that is between you and HIM.

It would just be nice if before you bad mouth someone (that you are not even purchasing from)on multiple posts on multiple forums...that you had even the slightest idea of what you were talking about.

Last edited:

chuckie

Monkey
Jul 2, 2007
well we just received an email from Jim

"Your spring was shipped on the 18th so he should be receiving it soon.
Please let me know when you get your spring.

Thanks, Jim"

lets hope its the right size...will let you know Dave P

to be honest I have dealt with Nicho and his company for years, had nothing short of exceptional customer service and professionalism, and has always delivered in a prompt manner. His knowledge when it comes to mountain bikes, and the products he sells is second to none. thats why I have absolute faith in him when he recommended Obtanium. I am positive Nicho ordered the correct springs

Last edited: