• Ill say yes now and cancel later

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Do you mean like an "evening" ride or a "night" ride with lights and stuff.....
Yeah, night lights or what?

Tuesday or Friday and maybe Thursday might work...

Derek, we are riding Tolt McDonald on Wed. evening. Great trails without the 3 mile climb.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
i was thinking night with lights.... but whatever works. where is tolt mcdonald? Can I ride a hardtail there?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Actually Tolt makes a bitchin' night ride. The fog from the river creates a great, "X Files" aura with lights seen from far away under the tree farm canopy.
A fun game is to have everyone night ride out there solo and scare the bejeebers out of each other. It's hard enought to concentrate on the trail in the dark without wondering when some crazy biker will jump in front of you. Especially when they are talking to you on the radio.
It's on the South end of Carnation on Hwy 203 and mtbr, dirtworld, and BBTC sites all have info and the dirtworld site has an older version of the map but good enough to get you around. (One short 1/2 mile climb and then relatively flat middle ring maze of tree farm trails on Port Blakely Property).
Make sure to park at the Middle school in town if night riding, they close the park gate at 10, I think. Completely hardtail friendly.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Yes...... (for now..... ahahahah.)

I might be riding the DH bike on the island tuesday.... but if that doesnt work out, then i might have a free day. What time would you ride? Im not surea a late ride that far would be much fun.....remember i have to drive home to olympia, and get up at 5am the next morning...... fridays i can get out of work an hour early......

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Looks like Snacks, Trailhacker, Jr_Bullit and myself may be doing Tiger Wednesday eve.............any others up for Wed.? Start time possibly around 5ish.......check back for more details

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Hhhhmmmm 4 pm on Friday I could do that too, just need to go into work an hour earlier. Snacks are you and Trailhacker still up for Tiger tomorrow eve?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Be there or be ...ehr...ya that's it :D

I may be in town after all this weekend...plans aren't solidified at all, but I could possibly do a Tiger ride on Friday too...we'll see how much tomorrow night kicks my tushie actually attempting to pedal up on my new toy!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Hhhhmmmm 4 pm on Friday I could do that too, just need to go into work an hour earlier. Snacks are you and Trailhacker still up for Tiger tomorrow eve?
Yep. 5pm ish in the lower parking lot.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Excellent, Tiger loop 9 and 10 for the year. Man my leg was hurtin when I got home last night.......should be good tomorrow....... :sneaky: :sneaky: :evil:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Man my leg was hurtin when I got home last night.......should be good tomorrow....... :sneaky: :sneaky: :evil:
Last night?!?

I ran this morning and I can hardly get out of my chair at work today :dead:

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Hey all... me and a couple buddies are going to be riding Tiger tomorrow evening (5:00 lower lot). We're going to do an out and back route (NW Timber in, Preston up, Preston down, etc). If you haven't done it, you should give it a go... it's REALLY fun. I've only done it once so far, but it really was nice.. not a bad climb at all.... ya gotz to believe me, I'm no svelt XC racer, so if I can do it, I think ANYBODY has a pretty good chance at doing it (not to mention enjoying it)... :thumb:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Sounds like there's gonna be quite a crowd tomorrow .....with at least two different groups showing up at 5 and another group at 6....at least we don't need to worry about the bobcat they saw on the fireroad up ...

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Last night?!?

I ran this morning and I can hardly get out of my chair at work today :dead:

They give you a chair where you work? :think: Maybe I should get me one of those...hehehe (sorry feet hurting from my stand up desk today)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Happy said:
Hey all... me and a couple buddies are going to be riding Tiger tomorrow evening (5:00 lower lot). We're going to do an out and back route (NW Timber in, Preston up, Preston down, etc). If you haven't done it, you should give it a go... it's REALLY fun. I've only done it once so far, but it really was nice.. not a bad climb at all.... ya gotz to believe me, I'm no svelt XC racer, so if I can do it, I think ANYBODY has a pretty good chance at doing it (not to mention enjoying it)... :thumb:
That's a good alternative to the fire road up, it's mentally less taxing. We were kind of thinking about starting with the Iverson (Fat hand) trail. I don't do it often but it was ok on Sat. Since we may have a Tiger newb or two or... ;)
...that may not be a good idea. Riding up Preston would give a little forewarning to about the ride down to any TMVs. Besides a fireroad is a fireroad bla bla bla.......except when it is clear out and you can see for ever. :thumb:

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Hey, a group of us are heading out at 5... oh wait.... :devil: :D

btw -I don't know if it'll be the same, but you might want to bring some insect repellant if you're apt to get eaten alive by the mosquitos... I got chewed up pretty good at Tolt Sunday evening.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Happy said:
Hey, a group of us are heading out at 5... oh wait.... :devil: :D

btw -I don't know if it'll be the same, but you might want to bring some insect repellant if you're apt to get eaten alive by the mosquitos... I got chewed up pretty good at Tolt Sunday evening.
Oh, thanks for reminding me....we got bit like crazy last time. Off to the rescue! :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
derekpearson said:
I knew it!!

Im only up here monday through thursday or Id be there :(
Hey I'm on vacation next week. I'll ride Tiger with you in the morning when we get back from Whistler.

Maybe Wed. or Thur.