Quantcast

Time To Upgrade My iPhone!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For ease of use, you can't beat the iphone. For actual usable functionality: making calls, downloads, syncing to outlook, etc., it blows goat balls.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I make lots of phone calls from mine. I also seem to have better coverage here than Verizon users. Weird.
I get awful coverage here...always bouncing between Edge and 3G. Very disappointing in that regard.

I do need to get a new one, though (cracked glass on the screen). I think the $99 one might be in the cards.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I get awful coverage here...always bouncing between Edge and 3G. Very disappointing in that regard.

I do need to get a new one, though (cracked glass on the screen). I think the $99 one might be in the cards.
You will be the only hobo with an iphone.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so if you can get a 32 gig iphone for 299.00...why would you pay 399.00 for a 32 gig touch?

or will the touch come down in price?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
so if you can get a 32 gig iphone for 299.00...why would you pay 399.00 for a 32 gig touch?

or will the touch come down in price?
Thats with a contract which will total over two grand - the touch has no contract. A 3GS 32GB cost $499 off contract.

engadget said:
3G $99 8GB ($299 for ineligible upgraders)
3GS $199 16GB, $299 32GB ($399 and $499 for ineligible upgraders)

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
so...what are your thoughts on the palm pre syadasti?
Its on Sprint so I wouldn't think about unless your primary home/work market has good coverage. Sprint is cheaper than Verizon or ATT but their coverage isn't as good either.

Like JonKranked, I'd wait to see how it launches on Verizon - should have great coverage. Hopefully Verizon does not put too many restrictions on it.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
:rofl:
Yeah, that will happen.
Well SMS is finally coming to the iPhone and it seems tethering will eventually. Verizon should cave with the highly competitive market, they already have a more open device testing policy now.

Verizon has always had BB tethering but it cost $15/month extra. T-mobile includes free tethering with a data plan on the BB which was pretty slow when I used it a couple of years ago on EDGE coverage, but that is expected with the limited bandwidth.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
...but lately my service hasn't been great (I have a Razr now) and they keep telling me they're updating and adding more towers in our area soon.
ATT/Cingular fed me that crap for 6 months, and I believed it for a while. I think they actually did get everything "updated" in Eastern Washington. But by that time, it was a year later, and long after I canceled my contract and went back to Verizon.