Quantcast

Timing Equipment

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
So who knows anything about event timing equipment? What options are out there to time an XC/DH event. I know the local series used transponders, are there companies that rent this stuff out? It's way too pricey for a first time event but just curious what options are out there and if anyone has worked with them.

I do know a stopwatch works fine;)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
mplutodh1 said:
So who knows anything about event timing equipment? What options are out there to time an XC/DH event. I know the local series used transponders, are there companies that rent this stuff out? It's way too pricey for a first time event but just curious what options are out there and if anyone has worked with them.

I do know a stopwatch works fine;)
Not sure about the XC event, but for DH we used a hand timer that printed out the times, also a stop watch for a back up system. We barrowed it from a former promoter. Now that I think about it, it would be easy to use the same system for XC because of the mass start.

This is the one that we used......
http://web.custom.fbsm.com/defaulttemplate.cfm?FACILITYID=msRRS&PROJECTID=110&PAGENAME=Timers

Also, try www.active.com
They provide rent out those transponders thingys for timed event, but I remember them being pretty expensive.