Quantcast

Tire Curious?

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
In case there are any tire curious monkeys eyeing the Delium tires, I wanted to share my initial thoughts after a few rides. As you can see, the Versatile All-round is similar to the Minion DHF. The 2.5 casing measures a smidge bigger than a comparable Maxxis tire.

Mounting the tire to the 35mm ID Ibis rim was a little tougher than a Maxxis, but was still barely able to get it on there with soapy water and no lever. Once mounted, it spins straight and it holds air very well. I see nearly no seepage of sealant on the sidewalls like I have grown to see on Maxxis tires.

What I have ran most recently is a Dissector, Aggressor as my rear tire. I was impressed with the climbing traction in the loose over hard pack soil we have as well as climbing over rocks. In this area it has better traction than a Dissector or Aggressor. Rolling speed is slower than those two, but not significantly less than the Dissector. Seems to corner better for anyone who likes uninterrupted center to corner knobs.

I suppose with all that above, I am saying if feels to me a lot like a DHF (as it looks), but it has been a little to long since I have used one to be super direct. Maybe @jonKranked will be able to directly elaborate soon. I will ride it at a few other places to see how it feels in different scenarios, but so far I am impressed for the price and already would consider purchasing again.

20220701_130623.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ive got both the rugged and the versatile in the reinforced casing on my dh bike. so far really digging them. initial install was on the more difficult side, but they will loosen up so to speak. i am running them with cush core as well. at this point i just have 2 days of dh park riding on them, but no reason not to recommend them so far.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Would be curious as to how they compare to wild enduros or the new DH 22 or 34 from michelin. Everywhere I have read seems to say the dh 22/34 are slow but offer next level grip?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Would be curious as to how they compare to wild enduros or the new DH 22 or 34 from michelin. Everywhere I have read seems to say the dh 22/34 are slow but offer next level grip?
i ran the dh34s in the race compound last year. really like them, but they wear quick. and its a bit on the narrow side for a 2.4

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
i ran the dh34s in the race compound last year. really like them, but they wear quick. and its a bit on the narrow side for a 2.4
How would you compare them to the competition, maxxis, schwalbe, delium as far as pure grip?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Who makes a really good High Roller look-alike these days? I've run the Assegai up front for a couple years and missing a few things about the HR. Maxxis seems to make them in less casing/rubber combinations.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How would you compare them to the competition, maxxis, schwalbe, delium as far as pure grip?
no experience with schwable.

grip with the dh34s was just as good, or maybe slightly better. honestly cant say definitively as i never rode them back to back to properly compare. i will say that i definitely hit the rim a few times with the dh34s even with cushcore. that has yet to happen with the deliums. however i was running the dh34s in 26" and on a narrower rim (mavic 823). the Deliums I'm running 27.5 on dt fr560 rims. the dh34s are definitely the stiffest casing dh tire ive experienced.