Quantcast

Tirreno Razza?

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
I work for performance so I have seen a lot of these. There not bad bikes. it’s a grate first road bike. Most of the roades out there will stick there nose up at you for it not being an expensive name brand. If you want a good low priced all around bike with full 105 it’s the perfect bike

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
do you have long steep climbs in VA? I hope so, but if not, you might not need a triple.

Aren't there other 105 bikes in that price range? I think the Fuji Roubaix is just a little more and it's 853 steel.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
LordOpie said:
do you have long steep climbs in VA? I hope so, but if not, you might not need a triple.

Aren't there other 105 bikes in that price range? I think the Fuji Roubaix is just a little more and it's 853 steel.

So.... what is the difference between two and three rings? I mean, I know what its for, but...... why would you need 2 rings instead of 3, or vice versa?

I know NOTHING of road riding... so this is probably a stupid question.

On my trail and DH bike, I only use two rings, because I have a bashguard, if that has ANY thing to do with this at all.

I'm going for the Razza because it is a Performance brand, which means a better deal for me :sneaky:. The frames are made by Fuji though...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Triple setups are usually 52-42-30
doubles are usally 53-39

The advantages of a triple for an out-of-shape rider is a wider range of gears, well still being able to maintain tight spacing on the cogs.
Honestly, even a marginally fit rider will be okay with a 39 if it's paired with a 26 or 27 tooth large cog.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
BigMike said:
...why would you need 2 rings instead of 3...?
so snobby elitist roadies won't snicker at you :devil:

There's nothing wrong with having three rings except the added weight. If you don't have long extended climbs*, then you may never ever wind up using the small ring or the large on the cassette.

IAB started a thread a few weeks back asking if he should take the small off his setup. Perhaps shoot him a PM?

* for reference, I'm generally in the middle-middle rings for 2-3% grades and I don't drop to the small ring until I get to ~6%. So, if the only climbs are bridges where you're at, you probably don't need a triple.

But I so encourage you to get the triple and drive out to some mountains on occassion to get in some awesome long and steeper climbs.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
The bikes a good deal, but being from performance the warranty isn't so good. First road bike though, you'll prolly be looking at a new frame atleast in the next couple years, so it's not a bad deal.

I dont believe i just said that..

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Arsbars said:
The bikes a good deal, but being from performance the warranty isn't so good. First road bike though, you'll prolly be looking at a new frame atleast in the next couple years, so it's not a bad deal.

The warrenty isnt that bad.... is it?

I had my Jamis warrantied through them and... oh yeah, I guess it is :blah:

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Arsbars said:

Ok I have to ask ware did you get the warenty isent too good? I know eavry one wants to hate performance. But thay have a 100% sateesfation garentee. We have pepple return stuff all the time thay have bin usung for years because thay want somthing new.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Pulser955 said:
Ok I have to ask ware did you get the warenty isent too good? I know eavry one wants to hate performance. But thay have a 100% sateesfation garentee. We have pepple return stuff all the time thay have bin usung for years because thay want somthing new.

Same place you learned to spell... :nopity:

A buddy of mine goto a frame through them which formed a crack under the headtube/downtube where the weld is. He took it to our local shop in VA and they basically said I'm sorry you bought it through our shop online we can't help you. :nuts:

That's why I say their warranty isn't the best. 100% gaurantee may work at your shop, but all the other Performances, including the one online doens't follow gaurantee

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Arsbars said:
Same place you learned to spell... :nopity:

A buddy of mine goto a frame through them which formed a crack under the headtube/downtube where the weld is. He took it to our local shop in VA and they basically said I'm sorry you bought it through our shop online we can't help you. :nuts:

That's why I say their warranty isn't the best. 100% gaurantee may work at your shop, but all the other Performances, including the one online doens't follow gaurantee

Did he call corporate did he try a different store? The online store is the same company as the stores. Just because some stupid person at a store wasn’t doing his job doesn’t make the warranty bad.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Pulser955 said:
Did he call corporate did he try a different store? The online store is the same company as the stores. Just because some stupid person at a store wasn’t doing his job doesn’t make the warranty bad.
(You used a spell checker, didn't you? :D )

I agree.

And Ars' friend either made little effort to resolve the situation or is ignorant of such things. In fact, I think one of their selling points is if you buy online and don't like it, you can return it to your local shop.

Each manager is different and needs to be handled differently. My performance mgr is awesome and gives me very little crap. When my wheel blew out at 1100 miles, they gave me a loaner wheel that was just as good as mine, except not blown out, for the duration of the warranty review/repair.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, so..... Besides Perforemaces Warranty (Which I should have no problem with because my mangers are really cool, as is the district manager)((but hopefully I wont ever even have to worry about the warranty)) Should I get this bike? and if I do, 2 rings or 3?

Depending on how I like road riding, I really dont see myself doing more than 100 mi/week (two 50ish mile rides....right now i'm doing 30 on my trail bike) I'm not going to be racing, jut doing it to keep in shape, and keep my legs moving and wheels spinning :)

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
BigMike said:
OK, so..... Besides Perforemaces Warranty (Which I should have no problem with because my mangers are really cool, as is the district manager)((but hopefully I wont ever even have to worry about the warranty)) Should I get this bike? and if I do, 2 rings or 3?

Depending on how I like road riding, I really dont see myself doing more than 100 mi/week (two 50ish mile rides....right now i'm doing 30 on my trail bike) I'm not going to be racing, jut doing it to keep in shape, and keep my legs moving and wheels spinning :)

Get it. You don’t really need a triple. I’m in pa so riding here would be a lot like ware you are. I have never wanted a triple on a road bike. If you decide you want one you can always get one later.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Pulser955 said:
well that really sux. I would get a lawyer if I were you.

Three different occasions dude.

Needless to say, this has been a BAD week :(

I still may be able to come up with the cash by the end of the summer though....