Quantcast

TLD T-Bone Knee Pad Question

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Hey Guys

Just got a pair of the TLD T-Bones for Xmas, I got a Medium and they fit well around the thigh and calv but seem to be a bit tight around the back of my knee. Wore em around the house for a while and it was driving me crazy... Does the back stretch out?? I saw a pic of Sammy boy rockin them with the back cut out (see pic)... Has anyone tried this??

PETE

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have cut the back out of mine. They are so much more comfortable... The thin stretchy fabric used to get pinched in the back of the knee. No more...

isaacchdh

Chimp
Jan 19, 2007
Do you do any research on your own first, or simply post inane questions?
i made some research and didnt found anything
i cant say i went to a bike shop near me cuz i live in Baja but i went to Beyond Bikes and they didnt have the TLD T-bone knee guard
and it isnt in the TLD page too..

so i just wanted to know if you can help me finding some web address or something
thats all what i wanted to know

sorry:poster_oops:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
.... i live in Baja ...
I think the issue is that your profile says Southern California..so the assumption is that your native language is english, you live in the los Angeles/San diego area, and thus it should be quite easy to find info about a companies products that is in your back yard..

Now if you are from Baja..none of these asumptions hold, but they are easy to make, given your profile.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I love them. Made trail riding more fun.
But, I agree they pinch a little bit. I might trim them out after reading this. They aren't going to be all threads everywhere ?

isaacchdh

Chimp
Jan 19, 2007
I think the issue is that your profile says Southern California..so the assumption is that your native language is english, you live in the los Angeles/San diego area, and thus it should be quite easy to find info about a companies products that is in your back yard..

Now if you are from Baja..none of these asumptions hold, but they are easy to make, given your profile.

i put socal because i used to live in the San Diego area last year
and im leaving to Banning in June or something like that .
thats nearby Palms Springs and Redlands :busted:
so i go to San Diego almost every week ;)

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Operated on the pads. OMG. I thought they were nice before. Now they are the equivalent of slippers. If you have them---> do it.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Operated on the pads. OMG. I thought they were nice before. Now they are the equivalent of slippers. If you have them---> do it.

awesome.. that was possibly my only minimal complaint was the backs.. any particular part to avoid? just cut the thin part out?

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
they have some sort of hard shell on the knee cap bit and then foam around the edges. There sweet just picked up a pair last weekend

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Just cut out the thin mesh part. Leave neoprene intact. Seemed to come out nice and clean w/o much effort. No signs they will come apart after this. Do it.