Quantcast

To Leatt or not to Leatt?

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
can you tell me something about the size? i´m about 5´7" and don´t know which size to chose. thanks

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
if you land on your back, the back fin piece usually cracks or breaks.... it's thin... you can call leatt though and replace just that back piece...
I fell really hard on the carbon fiber piece on the back "fin" and it's still holding strong. I crashed otb off the side of a trail and then off a 6 ft ledge onto my back. The carbon piece even took some impact from the rock my back landed on. Also, the Leatt definitely caught my helmet and saved me from at least some neck pains.

Fit was good with my D2 but even better with the D3. Some people say you're just more likely to injure your neck with a helmet that has more clearance but I feel the Leatt can be adjusted to still 'catch' the helmet while maintaining the perfect amount of clearance for steep sections.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
I'm 5'7" 120lbs, I have a medium with it in the smallest setting possible and it fits perfect. I wear it every time I ride with a D2 and don't notice it, even on the hike up.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i know some people said they flipped the bolts to lower the rear brace, but does anyone have a pic of what they did?
i cant seem to get the bolts to go all the way to the bottom of the groove

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i know some people said they flipped the bolts to lower the rear brace, but does anyone have a pic of what they did?
i cant seem to get the bolts to go all the way to the bottom of the groove
If i Recall Correctly, they dont, I will try to post pictures tomorrow.

Argonzero

Chimp
Nov 25, 2002
Garden Grove
I've been using a Leatt for a few months, and it doesn't bother me at all even without the straps. I've had the pleasure of grinding my face in the ground twice so far high siding the bike and it seems like my head/neck comes out of it well, I figured i'd get major whiplash or something but nothing except a sore arms arms and chest. I wouldn't ride without it.