Quantcast

*) Toes dais (*

I stopped stocking beer in the refrigerator as of last Friday; I had gotten back into the habit of consuming two sixteen ounce cans of IPA in late afternoon/evening, wasn’t enjoying it that much, and, given my family history of substance abuse, mostly alcohol, I decided to step back. :wave:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I stopped stocking beer in the refrigerator as of last Friday; I had gotten back into the habit of consuming two sixteen ounce cans of IPA in late afternoon/evening, wasn’t enjoying it that much, and, given my family history of substance abuse, mostly alcohol, I decided to step back. :wave:
Beer is a rare occurrence during winter months. Wine on the other hand, not so much. But since getting the vid, taste buds are not back to their usual self. Everything taste a little off.

I'm gonna hop on the funny wheeled bike for some crunchy singletrack action.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello! going to try out the roco'd BMC today, I think, and maybe see if my saddle swap cured the click in my road bike. Do some xmas shopping

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy day, all day.

I had some wine last Friday. Wifey and I went out to dinner by ourselves, and she ordered a bit too much, so I polished off the last glass. Maybe a half glass and within 30min I was getting words wrong, then in the morning my teeth hurt and I had a brutal hangover. Not drinking for the last few years has been pretty good overall and I don't think I'm going to change that anytime soon.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
my mug of espresso is exceptionally satisfying this morning. Just looked at my route today, lot of regulars that are really cool people getting transports today which should make for a fun shift.

Gotta start packing the camper tonight. Ruth is taking me to Fort Brag on the Mendocino cost for my 67th birthday weekend

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
to do list...assemble all materials to get 13yo enrolled in public school system so i can take it all to the admin office and put him in the lottery, hopefully, after picking up health records from his dr. take stuff in trunk to consignment store. if they don't want it, off to habitat for humanity store. home depot to pick up new microwave. bank to get a disturbingly large amount of cash to give to plumber who fixed out sewer line connection. pick up kids from school. make dough for st. lucia buns. hrrrrrrmf.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I get to break the news this morning that I am only here for 4 days this month and homeboy is going to lose his shit. We had a meeting yesterday that got pretty heated. I made my boss aware of the friction and he said it's everyone he has issues with, not just me. So at least he's aware.

I've decided to clean my garage because it's a hot mess and with all this time off, I have no excuse. Half of it will go to Goodwill, the rest to the dump or recycling. I have an eBay pile I will also finally get around to.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I get to break the news this morning that I am only here for 4 days this month and homeboy is going to lose his shit. We had a meeting yesterday that got pretty heated. I made my boss aware of the friction and he said it's everyone he has issues with, not just me. So at least he's aware.
Make sure to capture it all on video for Ridemonkey!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice work, John. The wife is near 22 months sober and I might have had a beer or two since. I still smoke, but that's in place of the 4 medications I was prescribed and I feel it's much more appropriate. The wife has never smoked and she knows when I need to. :rofl:

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Good on you.

I quit drinking all together about two years ago, as a bet with a buddy on who could abstain longer…Needless to say I won in more ways than one. It’s nice nice not being hungover anymore and my riding has improved. And the amount of $$ I’ve saved…well who knows.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I am Cervelo'less. Road bike sold.

edit: Just need the new replacement frame to ship today so it arrives before festivus. :D

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Haven't had a beer in about two weeks. Mostly because I had some sort of flu for 10 days, and was taking meds. Then my back pain kicked in, and I've been on the meds for that too. Wound up resorting to morphine for 3 days, which resulted in no bowel movements for a couple of days. Having stopped the morphine two days ago, my bowels are getting active now, and it's very uncomfortable.... can't wait to take that huge dump and get shit moving (literally!). Slowly decreasing the doses of the other medicines too (Tylenol).

tryin' to work, but the pain and discomfort are really distracting.

ugh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
vw dealership wanting 410.00 for a spare key....

260.00 at car keys to go...

and keys to go can not program fob....

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Fatbike ride done. There was some serious Mastodon abuse. Need to figure out why I'm bottoming so badly. I did went of some not so fatbike friendly drops... :think: