stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
shucks. I've been chasing a phantom tick from my roadbike for several months. Looks like it's the goddamned cinch interface, in particular the splines and the driveside arm. I wonder if it's salvageable :(

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
shucks. I've been chasing a phantom tick from my roadbike for several months. Looks like it's the goddamned cinch interface, in particular the splines and the driveside arm. I wonder if it's salvageable :(
What crankarms are they?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
EC90SL. They were new as a warranty replacement from the original owner...now I know why he sold them when he got them back. I got reasonable use out of them, and it won't break my heart to let them go. I may try some teflon tape to see if I can take up the gap, but it appears to be a common issue (already have the bond-cover cracks that pinkbike and others mentioned)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
EC90SL. They were new as a warranty replacement from the original owner...now I know why he sold them when he got them back. I got reasonable use out of them, and it won't break my heart to let them go. I may try some teflon tape to see if I can take up the gap, but it appears to be a common issue (already have the bond-cover cracks that pinkbike and others mentioned)
Plenty of good stuff available at silly sale prices at the moment if you need to replace them. What length cranks are you using? And is this for 1x on your road bike?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Plenty of good stuff available at silly sale prices at the moment if you need to replace them. What length cranks are you using? And is this for 1x on your road bike?
Yep, 170mm would be ideal. I run 1x 44t narrow wide for flattop, and I have a 30mm bottom bracket. I'd be willing to switch (most things seem to be DUB now) but I'd be happier sticking with a rotor crankset. My chainring is fine so I can keep it if I find another cinch crankset.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rage at the River was always one of the races we considered. I think they call that a land rush style start.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well today turned into a shit show. At 1730 I was just leaving the office when a crew called in that the slider door on the Transit 150 wheelchair van would not shut which means that the safety intorlock system froze the transmission in park. They were 30 miles out from the office. Took me about 40 minutes to reach them. slider door has two set of two male pins one t the top one and the bottom with mating female recessed on the vans b pillar. Bottom male set has one attachment bolt snapped and one that was loose that was a mangled torx head nd it would not line up with the female holes. I remembered the old meme Does it move, yes, should it no : Duct tape. didn't have any but we did have medical tape 10 minutes later they were on the road home. The shop will have to use an easy out to remove the snapped off bolt and repair the fixture tomorrow. beats a $200 tow fee plus shop charges. Made for a 13 hour shift which sucked

well today turned into a shit show. At 1730 I was just leaving the office when a crew called in that the slider door on the Transit 150 wheelchair van would not shut which means that the safety intorlock system froze the transmission in park. They were 30 miles out from the office. Took me about 40 minutes to reach them. slider door has two set of two male pins one t the top one and the bottom with mating female recessed on the vans b pillar. Bottom male set has one attachment bolt snapped and one that was loose that was a mangled torx head nd it would not line up with the female holes. I remembered the old meme Does it move, yes, should it no : Duct tape. didn't have any but we did have medical tape 10 minutes later they were on the road home. The shop will have to use an easy out to remove the snapped off bolt and repair the fixture tomorrow. beats a $200 tow fee plus shop charges. Made for a 13 hour shift which sucked
You didn't save $200 by driving 60 miles...