Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
^^ $54 million total legal sales for one month. There are only 5 million people in CO. Dayum ya'll smoke a lot of weed.
The marijuana tourism industry is a growing field. Job creatin' one might even say.

Do the school districts in counties that still ban pot sales still share in the unbelievable tax windfall? Seems hinky.
I believe so, and I agree. Though as a parent living in an area where that does not approve of homosexual creating demon weed, I'm also glad that my child will still see the benefits.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"it will be a great day when medical marijuana raids are funded by bake sales"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just a nit, but i'm sure they mean "since it was most recently prohibited"

i'm sure a few sailors returned from the barbary states conflict to a "hero's welcome", as TJ was a hempophile

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's what I said...
He said the shortage would contribute to high prices at stores, which in turn would send people to the black market instead. The prices at stores are expected to be twice those on the street.
If you can get a decent strain on the street for $10/gram and the store is out of everything, it only makes sense. I have a feeling the state is shorting the industry to drive higher prices for more of a cut of tax $$$/gram sold.

:tinfoil:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
basic hydro - quarter for sixty in my parts.
- maybe another nickle or dime for some super-primo when in comes around.
:stupid: Or so I've been told. One shop for all of Seattle with only 20# to start with, it's a good thing stoners are non-violent. If this was heroin there would be a riot.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
legal pot AND a lawyer getting screwed? what's not to love about that?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
House Republican, in a first, backs legalizing marijuana

“If they put it on the ballot that they would legalize it, I’d probably support that ballot measure,” Representative Rohrabacher said in a phone interview. Elaborating on the issue nationwide, he adds: “By providing the federal government the right to control personal behavior, it’s totally contradictory to what our country is all about.”
I hope to gawd that's Steven Seagal.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"morals can be bought"
"if you don't like these morals, i have others"

- paraphrase of groucho marx, whose cigar was sometimes just a cigar

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Green Gold: Colorado Underestimated Marijuana Demand

Folks in Colorado are consuming a lot of marijuana — 130 metric tons per year, actually. Of the state’s 5.36 million people, 485,000, or nine percent, are identified as regular adult marijuana users. While that doesn’t seem like an awful lot, the most frequent users are by far creating the most demand. Heavy users especially, or those who use cannabis on a daily or near-daily basis, have been the biggest drivers. According to the study’s numbers, the top 21.8 percent of the heaviest users account for 66.9 percent of the demand. In stark contrast, the lightest users — those that use marijuana less than once per month on average — make up roughly one-third of the entire user pool but only represents 0.3 percent of total demand.