Quantcast

Tony G

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
I got this Email this morning, I had no idea:

The weekend before last, Tony Gardikas (aka Tony G) was riding in Aliso Viejo, CA. While riding he lost control of his bike and crashed. He landed on his head and broke his helmet in three places, and his NECK in three places as well (C2, C6 and C7). The doctors said that his injury is consistent with the one Christopher Reeves suffered. Tony also severely bruised his Carotid Artery and his Dr. was concerned about stroke. He is not going to have to wear a halo, but is in a very ridgid (and reportedly uncomfortable) plastic neck brace.

As we speak, Tony is not going to suffer from any kind of paralysis nor is he in any further danger of stroke...he is going to ride again; not soon, but he will ride again.
------------------------

This sucks.

On a side note...SoCal JR ripper Brian Pracht broke his ankel while riding yesterday, surgery today.

What is it with all these people getting hurt this offseason?

hbfrdh

Chimp
Mar 23, 2004
With the Southridge races at Fontana, there really isn't much of an off-season for us racers; there's always a race coming up. Count me in that hurt group. I'll get a better idea when I go for my follow up Tuesday, but I'll probably be out for 6-8 weeks with a crushed muscle in my thigh.:poster_oops:

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
With the Southridge races at Fontana, there really isn't much of an off-season for us racers; there's always a race coming up. Count me in that hurt group. I'll get a better idea when I go for my follow up Tuesday, but I'll probably be out for 6-8 weeks with a crushed muscle in my thigh.:poster_oops:
I think I was there helping load you and your bike into the cart if you did it up near the top of the Fontucky hill... Get well dude!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Ahhh, sucks to hear man. Heal up quick.

Hah, I guess the offseason is generally considered the winter time...I agree with you on the Fontana thing though.

I gotta try that racing thing, those DH racers are just so hardcore! :biggrin: :biggrin: :busted:

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Add mtnbkrider, Patrick on that list with a bruised ego courtesy of Teej.

Healing vibes to ex-Toothless Tony.
Brian is still made of rubber. He'll bounce back.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
I got this Email this morning, I had no idea:

The weekend before last, Tony Gardikas (aka Tony G) was riding in Aliso Viejo, CA. While riding he lost control of his bike and crashed. He landed on his head and broke his helmet in three places, and his NECK in three places as well (C2, C6 and C7). The doctors said that his injury is consistent with the one Christopher Reeves suffered. Tony also severely bruised his Carotid Artery and his Dr. was concerned about stroke. He is not going to have to wear a halo, but is in a very ridgid (and reportedly uncomfortable) plastic neck brace.

As we speak, Tony is not going to suffer from any kind of paralysis nor is he in any further danger of stroke...he is going to ride again; not soon, but he will ride again.
------------------------

This sucks.

On a side note...SoCal JR ripper Brian Pracht broke his ankel while riding yesterday, surgery today.

I only met Tony "action packed" once. He seems like a really cool guy.

Anyway here is some more info on trying to help Tony that was on the fooriders site.

"The Path Bike Shop in Tustin, CA and The Bike Company in Lake Forest, CA are going to sponsor and organize a benefit on behalf of Tony as he has no health/medical insurance. We are going to hold a demo day and ride on March 17 in Aliso Woods in Orange County, CA. Details to follow, but we will also hold a raffle (the proceeds of which will go to Tony G). The raffle will be for some pretty high-end stuff as many of our vendors know Tony G and want to help and are kicking in some really cool stuff. Stay tuned to thepathbikeshop.com and bikeco.com for more info as we plan the event.

-Mondo"

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Whoa+h.....hadn't heard of this and I'm sorry to hear. Tony rips!
Get well soon..........................