Quantcast

Total Heckler VS. The Ants

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
What the Jesus can I do to kill and remove them from my home? They are all over my computer desk right now and there is absolutely no food for them here.

We got this liquid that you drop onto a piece of cardboard and let them eat it and suposedley, they bring it back to "the hive" and kills them.

Any more ideas on what to do? I have searched and have been unsuccessful with finding the entry point into my place because I have heard that if you drop some spices (black pepper, chilli pepper, etc) where they enter, they will avoid the area. I have also heard sidewalk chalk they will not cross. But without knowing the entry point, I cannot do this.

I want them to die. Please help. Any advice would be nice.

:banghead:

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Borax and honey.

Mix a little bit of Borax (half a teaspoon max) with a couple of spoonfulls of honey and place it on a piece of aluminium foil where they are active.

They will be attracted by the honey and take it back to the nest.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I looked it up a while ago and learned to use table salt around your perimeter. Figured it was just an old wives tale, but it was cheap and I already had it. No ants since.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I had a bunch of ants in my room going to my trashcan (which had a chip bag) when I came home the other day. I sprayed and vacuumed them. There were some ants in the kitchen and I'm blamed for that because the two ant trails are somehow connected....

Monkey
we used all kinds of contraptions for ants until we got tired and just sprayed the crap out of the place with RAID and let the window open and hang out in the yard so we didn't' get fumed. Worked well, ants seem to be on vacation.

skunkty14

Monkey
May 29, 2007
First, clean the eff out of your house, especially the kitchen. Put away all food, any food they might be able to get into needs to go in ziploc bags. No dirty dishes in the sink at all.

Second, borax and honey to the max. All the other food is gone so they go for the honey crap.

Keep this up for a few weeks and it should help. The same strategy works for rodents but replace the borax with glue traps. Basically remove their food source to force them to the bait. Both methods worked for me when I unknowingly moved into a house the was loaded with ants and mice. All were gone within a few weeks and no problems for the rest of the year.