Quantcast

Tragedy today

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
that pic was horrible

MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) -- A car plowed into a weekend bike race along a highway near the U.S.-Mexico border, killing one and injuring 10 others, police said.

The 28-year-old driver was apparently drunk and fell asleep when he crashed into the race, said police investigator Jose Alfredo Rodriguez.

A photograph taken by a city official showed bicyclists and equipment being hurled high into the air by the collision.

Rodriguez said Juan Campos was charged with killing Alejandro Alvarez, 37, of Monterrey.

Authorities said the wreck happened 15 minutes into the 34-kilometer (21 mile) race Sunday along a highway between Playa Bagdad and Matamoros, across from Brownsville, Texas.

Campos said he is an American citizen living in Brownsville. The U.S. Consulate could not immediately confirm that.

"We are looking into the incident in terms of whether American citizens were involved," consulate spokesman Todd Huizinga said

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
strike one for driving drunk
strike two for hitting a BIKE RACE (which tends to be kinda hard b/c the roads are normally closed)
strike three for ending someones life

he's out. I'll throw the switch myself.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I say we duct tape the bastard to the ground and test our suspension on him till he wishes to die. But don't kill him... make the bastard suffer. I almost teared when I saw the pic. That could have been any of us on any given day.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Thats horrible! Not only do i hate drunk drivers, but a drunk driver killing a cyclist is the worst.

I hope this POS gets the needle...even if it is "cruel and unusual punishment"... What he did was just morbid.

RIP Cyclist!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The driver will be entering the Mexican prison system. Your ideas of torture and death will not be as bad as what he will actually get.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Saw this on a few news sites throughout today. As usual when cyclists get cleaned up most of the comments section consisted of people wanking on about how cyclists shouldn't be allowed on the roads. Wtf is wrong with these people.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
i'd like to use each one of this gentleman's fingers as my new maxle during a good downhill run.

or perhaps death by brake rotor decapitation should be considered.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Not too rehash this, but I was looking at this version of the picture from another site and noticed a couple of things that weren't visible in the other pic.

First, notice the Police car on the right hand side of the photo. It looks like he moved out of the way of the oncoming car, leaving the cyclists directly in the path of the drunk driver.
It also looks like he hit them head-on. Unbelievable.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
First, notice the Police car on the right hand side of the photo. It looks like he moved out of the way of the oncoming car, leaving the cyclists directly in the path of the drunk driver.
If Mr. Po Po tried to block the oncoming car with his department's NEW dodge charger and it gets wrecked, I'm sure he'd end up in prison after he gets outta the hospital. I think that was a moment of self preservation.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not too rehash this, but I was looking at this version of the picture from another site and noticed a couple of things that weren't visible in the other pic.

There are several things wrong with that picture that make me hope it is a photoshop. Of course the cop is one thing but the other cyclist who seems to have stopped on the side of the road seems out of place too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There are several things wrong with that picture that make me hope it is a photoshop. Of course the cop is one thing but the other cyclist who seems to have stopped on the side of the road seems out of place too.

kind of odd.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
One cyclist is already on the ground on the far left. The other guy isn't stopped yet. It looks like he's wearing his Oh Sh!t face cuz he may be drifting and his foot is not yet on the ground.