Quantcast

trail directions inside the mammoth ohv?

stinkyrider

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
ok so i have heard alot about it, im gonna head up there this saturday. i know how to get to the ohv parking lot thing in the bottom of the valley. but my dad offered to shuttle me for an hour or 2. i need directions, on where he needs to drop me off. and im assuming whatever trail i take is going to drop me off at the parking lot in the bottom. all ridable trail names would be great. and if anybody wants to meat me out there, ill either be riding a red chapparral with a lowered 66( by lowered i mean its got 100mm of travel, its my dj bike). or a red bullit with a 66 also. im 15 about 5'10 170. wearing all black for sure. black full face etc... i just finished both these bike so dont expect me to be at my full potential. (speed wise) haha. i know its gonna be 100 degrees, but whats a little heat right? ...... any help would be greatly appreciated. ohhh annd, ill probably be out there anywhere from 9am-12pm
thanks guys.

stinkyrider

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
ohh i mean mammoth bar ohv* by the way. in auburn. it might have sounded like i meant mammoth. but i meant mammoth bar.

is there anyone with directions, cause i couldnt find anything to shuttle yesterday.

D

dwnwrd

See http://www.mtbsingletrack.com/confluence.html
Easiest for you to find is probably to drive out of the OHV and turn right on foresthill road and drive a couple miles to a big turnout on the right hand side. Sometimes there is a big rockpile there.

Get out there and hope the guard rail and you're back in the OHV.

1. Take the fire road to the right and you have a few options that take you back down to the parking log.

A. You can follow the fireroad without turning and it will dump you out on the OHV road right at the gate to the entrance of the confluence trail. Don't do this unless you want to be picked up at the confluence.

B. You can go down the fireroad a mile or so and turn left and you will be on Murderers which is an advanced very rocky trail. It's easy to miss this turn, it's an obtuse angle. :)

2. Or from the guardrail you can go left on the fireroad and climb a 100 yards or so I think. A trail peels off to the right which is Stonewall. This will dump you out at the bottom of Murderers. Some short very steep ups and downs. Real fun, but be careful.

At the bottom of murders you'll be on another fireroad. You can take it to the bottom or you can peel off to the left and take Rocky to the bottom. Guess why it's called Rocky. :)

There are some other shuttle drop offs such as further up foresthill road and back up towards Clementine Lake where the pavement part of the clementine loop ends and the dirt begins. Just go down instead of continuing to climb. You'll be dumped out on the road where the above-mentioned "big turnout" is. Goto 1.

I recommend starting no later than 8am and hitting the taco tree by 12 this time of year. :)

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
dwnwrd said:
See http://www.mtbsingletrack.com/confluence.html
Easiest for you to find is probably to drive out of the OHV and turn right on foresthill road and drive a couple miles to a big turnout on the right hand side. Sometimes there is a big rockpile there.

Get out there and hope the guard rail and you're back in the OHV.

1. Take the fire road to the right and you have a few options that take you back down to the parking log.

A. You can follow the fireroad without turning and it will dump you out on the OHV road right at the gate to the entrance of the confluence trail. Don't do this unless you want to be picked up at the confluence.

B. You can go down the fireroad a mile or so and turn left and you will be on Murderers which is an advanced very rocky trail. It's easy to miss this turn, it's an obtuse angle. :)

2. Or from the guardrail you can go left on the fireroad and climb a 100 yards or so I think. A trail peels off to the right which is Stonewall. This will dump you out at the bottom of Murderers. Some short very steep ups and downs. Real fun, but be careful.

At the bottom of murders you'll be on another fireroad. You can take it to the bottom or you can peel off to the left and take Rocky to the bottom. Guess why it's called Rocky. :)

There are some other shuttle drop offs such as further up foresthill road and back up towards Clementine Lake where the pavement part of the clementine loop ends and the dirt begins. Just go down instead of continuing to climb. You'll be dumped out on the road where the above-mentioned "big turnout" is. Goto 1.

I recommend starting no later than 8am and hitting the taco tree by 12 this time of year. :)
If you keep going on Foresthill Rd past the Clementine Rd turn, you'll see a turn out on your right. Drop in there, hop the gate, turn right and your in the OHV. That fire road will take you back into the OHV. Along that road is Rocky and Chaparall. You can also take a left and climb for a bit. Then you can get to Eastside which is super rutted and fun. At then end of Eastside, go right and take the fireroad back to the OHV parking lot.

Don't forget to pay. They have been stopping and checking to see if you paid, even if you are there picking someone up.

Good directions dwnwrd