Quantcast

trails safe from hunters?

House Man

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
Orange county NY
Being fairly new to the area I am not sure what trails are safe to ride during hunting season. I am from Florida and the riding areas that open for hunters close for bikers in November. I know Stewart is closed but my impression is that some areas that allow hunters don't close to bikers. I want to get some rides in, at like Blue or Ringwood or Wawayanda etc, but am a little leary of becoming a statistic. Any help?

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Eric-

In Westchester County Parks- Blue Mtn, Graham Hills and Sprain Ridge- there is no hunting allowed, ever, so you're safe to ride any time.

In North Jersey, the only time you might want to stay away from the parks is Dec 4-9, which is the small window when they allow deer hunting with with rifles. And hunting is never allowed in Jersey on Sundays...

House Man

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
Orange county NY
thanks for the info Jamie, I can hear gun fire every morning from my house. A bit different from the kind I used to hear living in downtown Tampa.:biggrin:

burtondogs

Chimp
Nov 23, 2006
Im up in Dutchess county, we drive down to Blue for daytime rides during hunting season.
909 gets alot of hunters from the city and should be avoided during shotgun season ,it is great for nightriding though.

later
Jim