Quantcast

trainer help

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I am getting a trainer on Wednesday, Tuesday if the brown santa gets ahead of schedule.

I hope to use the trainer 2-3 times a week to supplement and alleviate my running regimen, and to add a level of cycling intervals to my week.

At the moment, I do not think that I will be able to set it up in front of a TV/DVD, but that may become a possibility. I do not have an HRM and certainly do not have a power meter.

What are some simple workouts/techniques that you have used / currently used on your trainers?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yoss, it's easier to do intensity workouts on a trainer rather than distnace stuff. So, an easy warm up of 10 minutes, and then I recommend throwing some intervals in. Do 4 minutes all out, to where you feel you can't talk, can't breath, can't keep your eyes open....then take 4 minutes rest. That doen't mean stop, that means keep spinning in an easy gear, but keep your cadence around 100 to work some of the acid out. Then repeat that 3 more times. Follow that with a cool down of 8-10 minutes and have fun.

This is a simple form of intervals currently being used by all levels of cyclists. I wouldn't recommend it more than twice a week and never on back to back days.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yossarian said:
beautiful, Thanks Heidi.

When counting Cadence, do you count each left or right foot down, or left and right foot down?
Well, it's how many times the cranks go around so it would be just one foot.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I do 6 minute intervals for 50-60 minutes about 3 days a week and then I ride about 2-3 days a week. I work 12 hours shifts so the trainer has to work till it gets lighter out longer. I have a HR monitor and I run at about 150-160 for 6 min then around 100-110 for another 6 min. It seems to be working so far