Quantcast

training wheels are for newbs

Apr 3, 2009
Charleston, S.C.
I have a two year old. How much does it cost. Im dreading the day of training wheel removal. Wouldnt it be wise for a bike shop to offer these to rent to help parents with ther children. hmm....

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
I think that duct taping a broom to the seat is still the most effective way. Even though my dad pushed my down a hill which ends in a culdesac. I ended up hitting the curb at full speed and going OTB onto the front lawn where I was attacked by a dog. He did not tell my mom for a week. But look where I ended up today!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I think its kind of cool - I never had training wheels since I rode my Big Wheel until there where holes in the front tire. By the time I got my first bike the "Push your kid down a hill" method was in full swing - I smashed my head into a mailbox.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Kids need faceplants like plants need rain. It's just the way of life. You learn by screwing up. The pushbike dealios seem to be pretty cool for just skipping training wheels all together. Saw a kid this weekend that was 2 that already had the balance down from a pushbike. I'm sure once he gets on a real bike, he will easily be able to ride, as well as throw more tricks than me.