Quantcast

Transition Bandit

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
That's almost exactly what I'm looking for, I wish it had bottle mounts though.

Edit: Is it trivial that one of my requirements for my next trail bike frame is bottle mounts?

Last edited:

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia

Edit: Is it trivial that one of my requirements for my next trail bike frame is bottle mounts?
It does! Check it out...
Bandit LR.jpg

But to be honest, it has at least one... on the top of the DT. I can't recall if there will also be one for the underside of the DT. I know here in the PNW we would never put a bottle there, but I know some of the dry climate folks do weird stuff.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
It does! Check it out...
View attachment 103035

But to be honest, it has at least one... on the top of the DT. I can't recall if there will also be one for the underside of the DT. I know here in the PNW we would never put a bottle there, but I know some of the dry climate folks do weird stuff.
Does it really? It was hard to tell from the pics, if it does have them on the top of the DT I might have just found my new frame. :D

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
meh. i've yet to find a top-mount swing-link bike that had a nice leverage curve, or a laterally stiff rear end.

nice steep ST angle at least..

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.

You know you can have a shop put bottle mounts onto the frame if they have the tool(s) to do it.

Sharp looking bike.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo

You aren't the only one

:thumb:

I'm a dry climate guy who doesn't want or need to take a camel sack for 1-2 hour rides at the local spot.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions without riding one. I'm a big fan of slacker bikes, and the hta on the Bandit that I've been testing feels just right.
(same as production btw)

Slap an angleset in there and you've got something...cool bike.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah...i dont know how transition nails almost everything they make...

I have been riding a v.2 covert for over a year, love the bike but have always said it's just a bit beefier than i want for trail rides...looks like this will replace it when available...amazing looking bike.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
No joke. Last year was new trail bike and new DH bike for me...and I ended up getting a Covert and TR450.

This year is new trail bike year for my wife, and the ASR5 has been the top contender....now this Bandit debuts. Transition is trying to take all of our money.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
haha funny man...

I got a covert last year, and will be getting a 250 ASAP...

now I need to make a bandit decision...I will most likely go with this bike...

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I cracked my Covert frame last spring, I wish they would have had this frame availible then. Covert was one of the funnest bikes I ever owned, would buy this in a heart beat.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH

I have been riding a v.2 covert for over a year, love the bike but have always said it's just a bit beefier than i want for trail rides...looks like this will replace it when available...amazing looking bike.
Me, too!

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
We counted a larger percentage of Bandit customers using a front derailleur. Granted there will be quite a few who prefer a single ring setup (myself included) we had to look at the big picture.
Although there are many regions where a single ring will work, there are more where it won't. That being said, there's nothing keeping you from utilizing a bb mount chainguide, or adapter.

If only it had ISCG mounts...

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Sam why'd you guys opt not to include chainguide mounts on the Bandit?
At a guess because people who ride XC/AM "shouldnt" be riding with 1 ring up front? :think: Transition conforming to market norms or afraid that if they put one on there people will do hucks to flat off the roof on them?

All bikes should have the option.

Edit: All right, all right, I'm missing the big picture.

Last edited:

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
At a guess because people who ride XC/AM "shouldnt" be riding with 1 ring up front? :think: Transition conforming to market norms or afraid that if they put one on there people will do hucks to flat off the roof on them?

All bikes should have the option.

Edit: All right, all right, I'm missing the big picture.

The solution that I LOVE is the one that Devinci uses and that I have on my Sinister Gruitr.... GREAT! Tabs? Sure. Not? Sure!
Liking the Bandit though! A new contender

Last edited:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
We counted a larger percentage of Bandit customers using a front derailleur. Granted there will be quite a few who prefer a single ring setup (myself included) we had to look at the big picture.
Although there are many regions where a single ring will work, there are more where it won't. That being said, there's nothing keeping you from utilizing a bb mount chainguide, or adapter.
Gamut BB mount works excellent.....really no need for tabs.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I don't get why the no iscg tabs is a big deal at all...

The e.13 XCX system seems to work great (just installed it on my covert), and I will be moving to a 34-34 10spd soon...pretty solid all conditions setup if you ask me...

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I think ISCG is convenient, but really isn't absolutely necessary... It's not like you're limited with this set up.
Cool bike!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ISCG tabs would be useful for Hammerschmidt...
Agree'd but it for whatever reason HS doesnt seem to be aimed at the market this bike is targeting...I think that the weight of HS is keeping this crowd off of it...

I personally think it would be a sick setup for this bike except for the drawbacks of hub engagement...I like super quick hubs like i9, it's the only reason i wont buy HS, also seems like the gear combo's with 1x10's are negating it a bit...