Quantcast

Transportation to Diablo this weekend

WhatTheHeck

Chimp
May 4, 2008
In the process of relocating to NYC and rented a car and bike last week to check out Diablo. I came back home to pick up my bikes and cat and will be back in the city tomorrow. ...Long story short, my car won't arrive for another couple of weeks so my question is there public transportation to Diablo or is there an open seat in a car leaving Manhattan Saturday or Sunday?

I promise not to make fun of any innertube front fenders.:monkeydance:

Cheers,
Tige

rossp

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
check out nycmtb.com too - there are usually folks heading up from the city who post there

WhatTheHeck

Chimp
May 4, 2008
My bike doesnt fit Steels rack so I rented a van, can fit 3 more bikes if anyone needs a ride. I'm on the Upper east side.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
How far up? Im not looking myself, but I have a friend (very likable, unlike me!) who is looking to get to Diablo this weekend.

For NYC locals - it is Jimmy 'the dread' from uptown in need of a ride. Everyone loves Jimmy, so I figure mentioning who it was might help! - Gas, Tolls, and 'remedies' are guaranteed.

lolz

if not, oh well!

thx

bushrider

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
I'm looking for a ride this weekend
saturday or sunday
I'll send you a PM with my phone number and email

I'm happy to pay a share of rental, gas and tolls

WhatTheHeck

Chimp
May 4, 2008
I didn't hear back so I changed the van to a Prius (sp?) With both wheels off it only fits one bike in the back.

Sorry.

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
i'm probably going up to platty this sunday to ride with a friend i'll meet there. if anyone wants to come, i got room for one in my jeep-leaving from UES.
pm me if anyone's up for it, i'll probably be leaving around 8-9

WhatTheHeck

Chimp
May 4, 2008
i'm probably going up to platty this sunday to ride with a friend i'll meet there. if anyone wants to come, i got room for one in my jeep-leaving from UES.
pm me if anyone's up for it, i'll probably be leaving around 8-9
where is platty? is it far from nyc?

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
well, it's all about safety!! plus to conserve gas, i usually push my truck for at least 70 miles.

and really---nothing is *far* from nyc....it's just the traffic in either direction. leaving on sunday morn the traffic will be fine, get there pretty quick. coming back might take some more time though.

for instance---last sunday to diablo: 45 minutes. coming back: 70

whatever though---it's my duty to ride!

still got an empty seat if you wanna come!