Quantcast

Travel resumption post-COVID

When do you anticipate traveling "normally" again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What are y'all doing now that vaccines are part of the equation?

My MIL is getting her second shot on April 2. Just booked her plane tickets to come out here May 21-31 as a surprise. (She might also come out for the weekend April 16 assuming shot 2 is right on time--middle kid's birthday.)

Wife still isn't vaccinated and clearly the kids aren't, but the kids are remote, I'm vaccinated, and the wife is largely at home anyway so is very low risk.

What are y'all doing now that vaccines are part of the equation?

My MIL is getting her second shot on April 2. Just booked her plane tickets to come out here May 21-31 as a surprise. (She might also come out for the weekend April 16 assuming shot 2 is right on time--middle kid's birthday.)

Wife still isn't vaccinated and clearly the kids aren't, but the kids are remote, I'm vaccinated, and the wife is largely at home anyway so is very low risk.
Might drive places, decided fuck flying way before the pandemic (TSA, reduced services, delayed and cancelled flights, then add the environmental impact on top of that).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
50/50 I fly to Vegas at the end of June and go to ______________

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
There will never be a "Post-COVID". Just like the regular flu that no one cares about, it will evolve and change. And IIRC, none of the current "Vaccines" actually contain the virus, just the mRNA of the "spike" protein. None of the vaccines are proven to reduce the spread, or stop you from catching it. If we really want to speed up the process, stop forcing people to wear masks and let nature take over. There will always be dumb people if we prevent dumb people from winning a Darwin Award.

We are just a bad case of fleas the Earth keeps trying to shake off.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I voted 2-3 months, oops. :rofl:

There isn't even a hint of when we'll (my age range, industry etc) get the vaccine, so travel for my house will be limited to Quebec and Ontario again this year.

Though that said, we managed two trips to Quebec last year without any issue. We drove, stayed to ourselves and biked.

I only know two people who have been vaccinated; my girlfriends father, who is a senior living in a long term care facility (basically the worst place covid has hit round here) and my mom, who works in a pharmacy.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was hoping to get up to BC to visit younger brother and family as I've not seen them in 3+ years, don't see that happening before at least September if we're lucky. Haven't seen my parents in nearly 2 1/2 either, no idea when that might be able to happen :/

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Was hoping to get up to BC to visit younger brother and family as I've not seen them in 3+ years, don't see that happening before at least September if we're lucky. Haven't seen my parents in nearly 2 1/2 either, no idea when that might be able to happen :/
Dislike. Hope you guys can escape and see the family soon.

Wife and I are supposed to fly to Colorado in June for a wedding. We should both be vaccinated by then, so the idea of traveling isn't as daunting, but I'm still not 100% on the idea (though not sure if I'll ever be 100% on anything). If only it wasn't one of my best friends, and I wasn't in the wedding party.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife will probably be flying in May to visit family. I probably won't be flying until Feb 2022. What I am looking forward to is a couple of trips to Vermont this summer for weekend MTB and housing up with the Splats, which we would not do sans vaccine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Wife and I are supposed to fly to Colorado in June for a wedding. We should both be vaccinated by then, so the idea of traveling isn't as daunting, but I'm still not 100% on the idea (though not sure if I'll ever be 100% on anything). If only it wasn't one of my best friends, and I wasn't in the wedding party.
I got an unvitation to an ex's wedding in june. The official invitation was prefaced with "don't feel obligated to come".

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have actually flown and travelled more during COVID, than previous years and have to say its quite nice and I am a bit selfish but I dont want it to end. 5 minutes through any security, 10 peeps on an entire plane, no lines at rental car agencies, hotels always have nice rooms for half the normal price.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have actually flown and travelled more during COVID, than previous years and have to say its quite nice and I am a bit selfish but I dont want it to end. 5 minutes through any security, 10 peeps on an entire plane, no lines at rental car agencies, hotels always have nice rooms for half the normal price.
Pretty sure travel is going to be a shitshow come late summer.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Probably flying somewhere in September for our honeymoon. Starting to consider a bachelor party bike trip to Squamish in late summer, if the Canadian border is open. Otherwise just looking forward to hopefully camping and biking with friends this summer. Looking forward to carpooling to local rides or to ski with other vaccinated friends. Can’t fucking wait to meet friends for happy hour at the local brewery, and sit inside of its chilly out.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

You gonna have any time to hang with the poo flingers? We’d love to see ya, dude!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> Looking forward to carpooling to local rides or to ski with other vaccinated friends. Can’t fucking wait to meet friends for happy hour at the local brewery, and sit inside of its chilly out.
It's the simple things that I miss most.

You gonna have any time to hang with the poo flingers? We’d love to see ya, dude!
:stupid:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I got an unvitation to an ex's wedding in june. The official invitation was prefaced with "don't feel obligated to come".
I got something like that....

reminded her I would never visit her in florida.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Have plans to go to Maine in mid-May for the half century mark, so looking forward to that. Both me and the wifer have been vaxxed, but I'm going to wear a mask anyway to protect people from my old man coffee breath (I still plan to fart excessively as per the usual, so hopefully other people are wearing masks).

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Flying to Florida April 13th with the family, traveled all over New York State in August with the camper and went to Vegas with the wife last June. I would have left the state more if my work didn't make me quarantine.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Going to be a quick trip, so most likely our hang out time will be limited to a few hours mid-Sunday. I'll be sure to let y'all know our plans, and hopefully we get to see some of you guys.