Quantcast

Traveling to AZ mid December looking to ride

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Hey, I'm flying into Pheonix in mid December and traveling out to Flagstaff for my younger brother's graduation and I am thinking about shipping out a bike.

I'm looking to hook up to ride with anyone that could point me to some good downhilling for a weekend, or midweek as well, depending on what days I'm going to take off from work.

Cheers

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Just got back from SoMo outside of Phoenix. Great DH out there. PM Ozzer, he might be able to get you more info or hook you up with someone who knows the area

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
In Phoenix, Sounth Mountain seems to be the major DH place around, lots of rough rock, but fun nonetheless, just different than what you're used to back East. In Flagstaff, there are DH trails, I don't know them since I've only been there once, but with it being winter and snow flying, I don't believe the trails get hit much during the winter months. That's my $.02 . . . not worth much, huh? :hmm:

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
On another note, if you have a XC or 5" trail bike, I think you'll have a lot more time on the bike and a lot more to choose from. There are trails all around Flagstaff. Sedona and Prescott are close drives from Flagstaff. Sedona just can't be passed up. And there are trails and more trails all around Phoenix. After being on a hardtail for years, I got my 5.5 just in time for moving here and am having a blast riding all the different trails around.

Niq1

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
Looks like I'll be in Tucson for Christmas. I'm looking to ride on the 26th, maybe the 27th. It's my hometown and I know trails pretty well, and might have a small crew heading out one of (both of?) those days. PM me if you'd like to ride.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Hey Adam - I'm in Phoenix now... if you are gonna ride Sat or Monday give me a shout. The drive isn't that far.

Same number as back in CA