Quantcast

Triglicerides (sp?)--------------> What are......

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
well, I did NOT fast prior to the test, and henceforth, I had a beer and actually something to eat earlier that day........

so, mine cam eback at 1067.:eek:

damn near gave me a stroke...... :eek:

so, at this point I'm concerned as well as can be expected, so, I started the diet.......

BUT..............

1067 is unusually high for triglycerides, as well as the not fasting....

I have not had as much garlic in my diet as I am used to either, so at this point, the change in diet has begun!!!

SO, I need to go to the doctor, and have her check it properly.....

Any more info however is greatly appriciated!

mario

Chimp
May 14, 2002
Denver, CO
Triglycerides = Fat

Think butter, and everything that you can make with butter. Yes, too much can kill you, but some literature suggests that ingesting some triglycerides [read: fat] can be good on a long ride. Easy for the body to convert to energy, but a little tough to digest if you eat too much...

dg806

Chimp
Apr 26, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Anything fried or sweets will increase your trig's. Diet is the key. A few years ago before I lost some weight and starting working out, mine was getting close to high(around 150 I think)... After I lost weight and started working out, it is always under 100 now. Weight is a big key.....(to lots of stuff, High blood pressure, Diebetes)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I read an article in Men's Health magazine a while back about a guy who weighed over 500 lbs, and he had body fat upwards of 40-45% or so (I can't remember exactly). The article said the guy had a higher concentration of fat in his body than is in a stick of butter! :eek:

Don't know if that's relevant here, I just thought it was funny. :p

mario

Chimp
May 14, 2002
Denver, CO
Originally posted by I Are Baboon

Don't know if that's relevant here, I just thought it was funny. :p [/B]

Funny, in a very sick, kind-of junior high way... Makes me want to get back on my bike right now!