Quantcast

Truvativ Boobar

metaltwitch

Chimp
Nov 9, 2008
I have boobar - 780mm, 30mm rise and when i look at the pic on sram.com the bar doesn t look the same, it has different design on sram page. On Sram.com boobar looks like holzfeller...?? anyone has boobar and also see the difference. I know there is 20 and 30mm rise, but it is not that. I would like to attach the photo but i don t know how??

cheers

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I've got one, it looks just like the picture on the website. Sram's listed weight is a major claim, the 780mm is 348g not 290 as claimed. 780mm is stupid wide too, but I just bought it because it was cheap and is going on a bike I'm selling.

metaltwitch

Chimp
Nov 9, 2008
I've got one, it looks just like the picture on the website. Sram's listed weight is a major claim, the 780mm is 348g not 290 as claimed. 780mm is stupid wide too, but I just bought it because it was cheap and is going on a bike I'm selling.
can you post the picture ?? it is not about weight...mine looks totaly different than original sram.com photo. It is much more flatter or how would i say ?

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
I have boobar - 780mm, 30mm rise and when i look at the pic on sram.com the bar doesn t look the same, it has different design on sram page. On Sram.com boobar looks like holzfeller...?? anyone has boobar and also see the difference. I know there is 20 and 30mm rise, but it is not that. I would like to attach the photo but i don t know how??

cheers
got the same sh*t the 30mm rise have not the same long for grip brake base like pictured on sram... means if you want cut down a bit it is not much space for the brake and grips you cant positions for one finger brake.. only for 3 finger brake.. dont now it is the same problem with the 20mm rise, look picture.

better go to chromag fubar!!!

Last edited:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
It looks like QBP has them in stock. Not completely sure since I don't have a direct login. However, many retailers have an online catalog that mirrors the QBP inventory. That's what I checked. Possibly someone who has an account can check.

With regards to the appearance, are you refering to the taper of the diameter of the bar? If so, I would guess that the difference is that the production model needed a slightly longer taper to deal with the increased stress from the longer bars. The pictured bar may be an initial prototype.

Anyway, I have my Boobar mounted and I finally feel comfortable. Even 28" wide bars feel narrow since I ride my MX bike more often than my DH bike. 2 thumbs up on the Boobars