Quantcast

Truvativ Crank

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
Anyone has tried the Stylo SL or Stylo Team from Truvativ?

1-is their ring last?
2-is the nickel really better?
3-are these model sharing the same arm?

thank you

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I've been using them for the last year and love em.

The are super stiff and shift better than anything I've used before. I am using them with an 8 speed setup and a 9 speed chain.

They are very light and stiff, and I can see no wear as of yet on the rings. I do however, replace my chain fairly often (4 times in the last 9 months).

Is the nickel better? Dunno. In fact I'm not sure what you're asking...

Sharing the same arm? The same arm with what?

They are good cranks.

Make sure to tighten the crank bolts to the correct torque or they will loosen. Be careful when tightening the ring bolts or they'll snap. (so I hear)

What type of riding will you be doing with them?

novice

Chimp
Aug 8, 2001
Madison, WI
I have the stylo teams on my bike, and I love them. I cannot really tell if they are stiff (140 lbs), but when i really crank on them i can see the frame flex before they do. I think the nickel plated rings are lighter and are supposed to shift better, but i have only ridden on the nickel plated ones. But, damn, this shifter better than the xtr cranks i've ridden, and they are lighter too. I think the team and non-team models share the same arms, but the finish on the teams seems much nicer. For the price difference I think you should just go with teams. And get yourself a nice isis bb, I use a raceface xs, and love it. But i may switch to a a bill shook to save some weight, about 100 grams.